Current open executive and professional ag opportunities
Browse or refine your search criteria below to view our current open positions. However, if you wish to streamline your job application process, you can simply create a profile and upload your resume. This step enables our system to recognize you each time you visit our site and will significantly reduce the amount of time it takes for you to apply to future positions. If you’re the right person for the job, we will want to contact you as soon as possible!
Vice President of Agronomy
Vice President of Agronomy
Ag 1 Source is looking for a VP of Agronomy to lead the crop inputs, and services of a leading Midwest agribusiness This position reports to the CEO, and as a member of the senior leadership team, is responsible for the overall strategy, marketing, sales, direction, and profitability of this business unit.
What’s in it for you:
- The opportunity to lead a successful agronomy team.
- The ability to take the next step in your career with a role that will establish you as a top leader in the industry.
- Gain industry-wide recognition and the opportunity to participate in industry functions, programs, and projects to support the overall retail ag sector in the U.S.
- Play a key role in driving the growth of a well-recognized and successful organization.
What you will be doing:
- Lead strategic direction for the Agronomy Division including the functional areas of crop inputs, technical services, and sales in a value-added and competitive approach.
- Work with team leads to build and implement product, marketing, and sales plans for the division.
- Develop strategic plans based on your analysis of the market trends and local/competitive marketplace.
- Maintain current knowledge of the market and technology in the agricultural industry.
- Support and encourage cross-divisional collaboration in all areas of the company.
- Manage other leaders within the organization to maximum performance.
- Develop and maintain the operating budget for department.
- Maintain open communication with vendors, distributors, and partnered service providers.
- Be a continuous change agent in the organization by challenging the organization to drive value and profitability.
- Serve as an advocate for the agricultural industry and represent the organization in industry associations and committees.
A successful candidate for the VP of Agronomy will possess the following:
- Visionary leadership that inspires respect and trust.
- Change management - Develops implementation plans; Communicates change and supports those affected by change.
- Leadership style that exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well.
- People management skills. Takes responsibility for subordinates' activities; provides complete and actionable feedback and develops them to improve and grow.
- Ability to understand business implications of decisions with a strong knowledge of the market and competition.
- Experience in developing strategies to achieve organizational goals and adapting those strategies to changing conditions.
Compensation: This organization is committed to offering a highly competitive compensation package.
Benefits: The role includes full health and retirement benefits.
Ag 1 Source has been focused on Executive Level Agriculture recruiting since 2002, our network runs deep. If this role isn't quite the right fit for you, but, are still open to exploring career growth, feel free to do so HERE. Or, if you know someone who may be interested in this role, please reach out HERE. We provide up to a $500 referral bonus for individuals that are referred and we place.
*Candidates must be eligible to work in the US as well as meet the qualifications listed above in order to be considered for the VP of Agronomy.