Current open executive and professional ag opportunities
Browse or refine your search criteria below to view our current open positions. However, if you wish to streamline your job application process, you can simply create a profile and upload your resume. This step enables our system to recognize you each time you visit our site and will significantly reduce the amount of time it takes for you to apply to future positions. If you’re the right person for the job, we will want to contact you as soon as possible!
US General Manager
US General Manager
Our client is an international organization seeking to add a General Manager to oversee and grow the entire operation in the US. The GM will build and manage the US team, lead the expansion of business throughout the US, and will be responsible for leading all aspects of the operations, sales, and marketing activities in the US where your team will focus on forming relationships with agribusinesses such as retailers, dealers and inputs manufacturers to educate them on our technology and its impact on a grower’s farm’s bottom line and the environment.
What’s in it for you:
- The ability to lead and drive the expansion of a new technology in US agriculture
- The opportunity to build and lead your own team throughout the US
- Be key part of the international leadership team
- Earn an equity position in the overall organization
What you will be doing:
- Oversee all our US activities and operation.
- Recruit and mange operations and sales/marketing teams.
- Develop the sales and marketing strategy for each region and execute the plan for accounts including large farms, dealers, and retailers.
- Identify and consistently engage with early adopter farmers for this technology.
- Manage, develop, and foster relationships with retailers, ag chem manufacturers, dealers, equipment manufacturers, cooperatives and independent crop consultants within the region.
- Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and maintain a pulse on market trends.
A successful candidate for this US General Manager will possess the following:
- A passion for agriculture, which could include a family farm upbringing and/or a degree in agronomy, crop science, plant science, agribusiness, or other agricultural related study.
- 5+ years in management roles in agricultural industry and decision-making skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; ability to present a strategy to key stakeholders within an organization.
- Excellent project management, communications, presentation, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Location – Iowa / Illinois / Nebraska
- Willingness to travel frequently.
Compensation: This company offers a competitive salary and incentive plan based on experience
Benefits: The role includes a vehicle plan, with benefits reimbursement and company equity opportunities
Desired Location: Illinois or Iowa
Ag 1 Source has been focused on Executive Level Agriculture recruiting since 2002, our network runs deep. If this role isn't quite the right fit for you, but, are still open in exploring career growth, feel free to do so HERE. Or, if you know someone who may be interested in this role, please reach out HERE. We provide up to a $500 referral bonus for individuals that are referred and we place.
*Candidates must be eligible to work in the US as well as meet the qualifications listed above in order to be considered for the General Manager job.