Current open executive and professional ag opportunities
Browse or refine your search criteria below to view our current open positions. However, if you wish to streamline your job application process, you can simply create a profile and upload your resume. This step enables our system to recognize you each time you visit our site and will significantly reduce the amount of time it takes for you to apply to future positions. If you’re the right person for the job, we will want to contact you as soon as possible!
Territory Sales Manager
Territory Sales Manager
A well-established U.S. nutrition company is looking for a self-motivated individual to manage and expand the current sales territory in NE Iowa - SE Minnesota - Western Wisconsin region, with multi-specie responsibility. The focus will be on local dealership sales support, new business development thru new dealer/distribution channel partners, and product platform expansion. Beef, horse, hog, sheep feeds and supplements focus with companion animal feeds, goat, and backyard poultry programs as well.
To be considered for the Territory Sales Manager position you should possess 2+ years of outside sales experience with feed or animal health, directly with customers and through dealer service centers, have beef and horse nutrition experience and love everything from beef cow/calf, feedlot and beef-on-dairy feeding, to show feeds for goats, sheep, and horses, hogs etc. A strong overall knowledge in the areas of nutrition, animal health and feed management would be a real plus. This position will be responsible for maintaining and increasing sales volume with established accounts and aggressively seeking new customer opportunities. We need an outgoing, hard working person who has top-notch communication and sales skills, a strong desire to succeed, and the ability to travel every day in the region, visiting dealership and farms, from a home base of operations. The ideal candidate will have a BS degree in Animal Science and two plus successful years of sales within the livestock nutrition or supplies/pharma industry.
What’s in it for you?
- Well established, strong nutrition company with great sales support programs and management team.
- Nutrition focus, daily farm and dealer visits, diverse offering of highly effective well recognized products.
- Ability to sell complete programs and manage your account territory.
- Solid benefits and earnings potential for an aggressive salesperson.
- This position is a salary and bonus structure with a base of established business and plenty of upward opportunity.
What you will be doing:
- Ongoing customer business relationship focus, with new business development where leveraging current industry network and contact relationships will be critical.
- Build greater partnerships with any current customers in the territory through regular sales calls and participation in industry meetings to ensure alignment on business strategy.
- Contribute to the development growth of the Regional Division sales team, including timely and thorough market intelligence and taking responsibility for personal development.
- Maintain close relationship with marketing, technical sales support staff and customer service to secure alignment on business strategy.
- Professionally represent the company brand at all times by adhering to the highest ethical standards.
A successful candidate for this Territory Sales Manager job will possess the following:
- 2+ years of PROVEN sales performance and experience the livestock industry within the region.
- Beef and horse background would be best.
- BS Degree and strong overall multi-specie background, interest and network of industry contacts and involvement.
- Passion and desire to be a highly professional Feed Sales Specialist type person within the region.
Compensation: Compensation will be in the $55-75k range, plus bonus opportunity.
Benefits: The company provides a very strong benefits plan with medical, travel, 401k retirement match, etc.
Desired Location: The preferred location for the TSM is Western Wisconsin or NE corner of Iowa.
Ag 1 Source has been focused on Executive Level Agriculture recruiting since 2002, our network runs deep. If this role isn't quite the right fit for you, but, are still open in exploring career growth, feel free to do so HERE. Or, if you know someone who may be interested in this role, please reach out HERE. We provide up to a $500 referral bonus for individuals that are referred and we place.
*Candidates must be eligible to work in the US as well as meet the qualifications listed above in order to be considered for the Territory Sales Manager job.