Current open executive and professional ag opportunities
Browse or refine your search criteria below to view our current open positions. However, if you wish to streamline your job application process, you can simply create a profile and upload your resume. This step enables our system to recognize you each time you visit our site and will significantly reduce the amount of time it takes for you to apply to future positions. If you’re the right person for the job, we will want to contact you as soon as possible!
Technical Sales Support
Technical Sales Support
Ag 1 Source is looking for an Technical Sales Support Specialist to support the sales and growth of an exciting new organization who is changing the way we think about the application of herbicides, fungicides, and insecticides. This role is for someone who has knowledge of the application and use of these products for the high value crops of the greater California and West Coast region.
This role will work hand-in-hand with sales, distribution partners, and dealers to cultivate long-term relationships with the growers and end users of this technology. The Technical Sales Support Specialist's main objective will be to assist in the delivery of the sales revenue targets by assisting and educating dealers on how the company's sprayer technology works, and to assist in providing the agronomic advice and recommendations on where and how all the product can work to reduce spray drift, and improve product application adherence to target of the applications. The Technical Sales Support Specialist will also work with university and other industry partners to further demonstrate applicability across a wide variety of application equipment and crops grown in the region.
What’s in it for you:
- Work with a quickly growing organization to promote and provide support to the customers across the West.
- Ability to work remote from your home office and travel throughout the region.
- Have the opportunity to grow your career options within the organization as as they grow their presence here in the U.S.
- Work with a well established distribution partner to support their sales, grow the customer relationships to the next level, and become their trusted advisor.
What you will be doing:
- Working with the sales team of the primary distributor customers to assist directly and indirectly in managing the sales opportunities of the product and troubleshoot/train everyone on the technology.
- Develop new and existing dealer relationships within the territory.
- Be the face of the company to the growers/end users and become their trusted advisor.
- Help provide sales support in ride-alongs with the distributor sales team as well as be an extension of their technical support.
- Work with growers/end users, as well as universities and third-party researchers in the area, to put out and evaluate trials.
A successful candidate for this Technical Sales Support position will possess the following:
- The background of the successful applicant could be either equipment or agronomy, but this is for someone who is very familiar with pesticide spraying process, ideally would have worked around growers in the advisory capacity, the use of pesticides, and more of selling and being able to understand the spraying process.
- This person will lean more towards the crop science side, perhaps someone who an agronomy advisory role, and could also have been sprayer equipment focused yet knows all the pesticides/herbicides/fungicides, rates, application methods, water rates, crops, that the spray equipment might be used for.
- Sales experience and knowledge of the chemicals and fertilizers and their use rates as well as recommendations is a key background requirement.
- Have a strong understanding of ag chemical, insecticide, fungicide and other sprayer application methods from a proper agronomic application technique point of view.
- Have a strong inner drive. Must be self motivated to get up and get the job done with little supervision.
- 2 + years of experience working with sprayer applications in some form or fashion, whether that be an on farm application manager, to a dispatcher at ag retail distribution, to perhaps even an experienced applicator with sales experience who strives to do more with their career, or a crop consultant.
- A CCA or PCA or the desire to go through the process of obtaining one would be preferred.
- The ability to really relate to the customers and provide superior customer service. We need someone who the customers know cares about their best interest and helps the customer see the potential ROI (return on investment) of the product.
- Solid agronomic base of crops in the west, specifically experience working with higher value crops.
Compensation: Compensation for this role will depend on experience, but the employer would like to target an initial base pay in the $80k-$90k range plus commission that once sales targets are achieved, could be as much as 100% of base compensation.
Benefits: This position includes full benefits including a matching 401K and a company vehicle.
Desired Location: The Technical Sales Support Specialist will be responsible for the greater California region, and possibly additional Western areas.
Ag 1 Source has been focused on Executive Level Agriculture recruiting since 2002, our network runs deep. If this role isn't quite the right fit for you, but, are still open in exploring career growth, feel free to do so HERE. Or, if you know someone who may be interested in this role, please reach out HERE. We provide up to a $500 referral bonus for individuals that are referred and we place.
*Candidates must be eligible to work in the US as well as meet the qualifications listed above in order to be considered for the Technical Sales Support job.