Current open executive and professional ag opportunities
Browse or refine your search criteria below to view our current open positions. However, if you wish to streamline your job application process, you can simply create a profile and upload your resume. This step enables our system to recognize you each time you visit our site and will significantly reduce the amount of time it takes for you to apply to future positions. If you’re the right person for the job, we will want to contact you as soon as possible!
Tech Service Rep / Agronomist
Tech Service Rep/Agronomist - Eastern US
Ag 1 Source is looking for a Tech Service Rep/Agronomist to work with the sales team along side by side calling on regional Retailers, and Distribution partners across the Eastern US. This role will partner with the Western US Tech Service Rep in supporting the sales team, setting up trials, collecting data and building marketing materials around the data.
Our client is introducing exciting proven and patented technology that encapsulates inputs allowing better penetration of the plant improving the performance of crop inputs. This role will be a key support to our sales team in helping the retailers and distributors and growers understand how these products help them reduce costs and improve product efficiency, yields and harvest quality. You will be working with row crops and vegetable/fruit field crops. This is a small growing company that is very family friendly, and the package includes a strong base salary and a bonus.
This isn't a "highly technical" agronomist role - we need someone who can do demo trials with customers and dealers, but we are NOT looking for a PhD - this is someone who maybe enjoys the technical side slightly more than the sales side, but still very much can come in, explain things in terms everyone can understand and help the salesman close the deal. We need a salesman/customer support style who loves diving into some of the technical side of products. Even a Master's Degree is nice, but not required.
What’s in it for you:
- The opportunity to join a rapidly expanding, US-based manufacturer as they are establishing a new product in the market
- Be part of an exciting new market with a company that will reward you financially for growth
- The ability to bring a proven product, with impressive returns to the grower, into the region
- Bring your love for helping the farmer and doing on farm demo trials to prove the products
- Support the salesmen in being their technical support person and help to close the sale with technical knowledge
- The ability to travel and work from a home-based office
What you will be doing:
- Cultivate relationships with key retailers and growers leading to product sales
- Engage with strategic demonstration farms to setup test plots and trials to demonstrate product efficacy
- Work with partner distributors/retailers in setting up trials
- Support the sales team in their building of relationships with the retailers, distributors and growers in the region
- Identify the best partners throughout this region
- Collect data to put together technical marketing sheets to drive sales
- Participate in dealer and grower meetings to explain the products and provide technical support
A successful candidate for this Tech Service Rep role will possess the following:
- 5-7 years working experience in ag sales or technical support/agronomist in specialty crops or row crops
- Background in not only specialty crops but also row crops
- Excellent relationship management experience with retail organizations in the region, with a good understanding of their businesses and goals
- A history of working seamlessly with marketing, manufacturing, finance, to establish and implement strategies and initiatives
- The ability to work from home and travel the geography
- Ability to user your technical knowledge to influence the sale
- Solid experience with putting out demo plots/trials and data collection and assimilation
Compensation: The salary range for this role will depend on the candidate's qualifications with a maximum base salary of $120,000 along with additional bonus and would consider slightly higher base for the right experience with a large network of retail and distribution contacts in the region and solid agronomy support experience.
Benefits: Insurance, vehicle allowance, etc.
Desired Location: North Carolina and/or East Coast would be preferred and/or Eastern Corn Belt - can be flexible, location near an airport would be preferred as this role will require a good bit of travel, and with the size of the territory, travel by plane may be required frequently.
Ag 1 Source has been focused on Executive Level Agriculture recruiting since 2002, our network runs deep. If this role isn't quite the right fit for you, but, are still open to exploring career growth, feel free to do so HERE. Or, if you know someone who may be interested in this role, please reach out HERE. We provide up to a $500 referral bonus for individuals that are referred and we place.
*Candidates must be eligible to work in the US as well as meet the qualifications listed above in order to be considered for the Tech Service Rep / Agronomist job.