Current open executive and professional ag opportunities
Browse or refine your search criteria below to view our current open positions. However, if you wish to streamline your job application process, you can simply create a profile and upload your resume. This step enables our system to recognize you each time you visit our site and will significantly reduce the amount of time it takes for you to apply to future positions. If you’re the right person for the job, we will want to contact you as soon as possible!
Software Product Manager
Software Product Manager
This organization is a leading software company with products and services touching all aspects of the agricultural and food industry. They are looking for a Senior Product Manager to work closely with the Head of Products on product roadmap/investment strategy and definition pertaining to solutions, integrations and related extensions, including grower/farmer-facing web and mobile applications relating to ag retail, coop, grain elevator and grain processing operations.
What’s in it for you:
- Join an established team with a great track record of success.
- Use your passion for ag to create and grow a product line focused on a farmer-facing web and mobile application.
- The opportunity to be recognized as a leader in this sector with the help of a proven team.
What you will be doing:
- Create and communicate business cases for innovation investments that align with and support revenue growth and return on investment criteria.
- Serve as the voice of the customer and product owner for development efforts.
- Work with development and marketing to produce products.
- Evaluate emerging agricultural trends in order to better position the company in the market.
- Write Product Requirements (i.e., Use cases, user stories) and work flows which document business rules, workflow, integration, output, and product functionality that customers and prospective customers’ desire.
- Lead the process of designing software solutions for customers, including user interface prototypes.
- Lead the process of specifying & documenting software solutions for customers so that R&D can estimate the effort software solutions for customers.
- Act as a mentor to the development and professional services teams to improve application knowledge, customer problem solving and solution providing capabilities.
- Analyze trends and root cause on the issues encountered by our customers; communicate results and feedback to development/QA teams.
- Provide training/coaching to other team members and of new MyGrower web and mobile app software features and enhancements (i.e., Services and Support).
- Author content for customers and prospects in the targeted market segments (i.e., grain & pulse processors, ag retailers, grain elevators & cooperatives). This may include blog posts, knowledgebase articles, podcasts, videos, webinars, customer conference training materials, and customer forum posts and responses.
A successful candidate for this Software Product Manager will possess the following:
- At least 5 years of hands-on web and mobile app development and deployment experience, including strong experience serving as the voice-of-the customer and product owner during and after development.
- Experience with managing web and mobile applications that connect with ERP or other systems to display relevant information to the consumer in an easy, understandable manner.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Information Technology / Data Science, Business/Management, Accounting, Ag-business or Agricultural Sciences discipline, or equivalent experience
- Familiarity with agribusiness and production agriculture of bulk grain / oilseed / pulse / feed ingredients as well as crop inputs like seed, crop nutrients and crop protection products
- Willing and able to travel periodically to customers.
Compensation: This company offers a competitive salary and incentive plan based on experience.
Benefits: The role includes, full health benefits, and 401k.
Desired Location: The ideal candidate may work out Des Moines, IA or work remotely as long as "remote" is in the Midwest and within a reasonable distance (~100 or so miles) of a major airport.
Ag 1 Source has been focused on Executive Level Agriculture recruiting since 2002, our network runs deep. If this role isn't quite the right fit for you, but, are still open in exploring career growth, feel free to do so HERE. Or, if you know someone who may be interested in this role, please reach out HERE. We provide up to a $500 referral bonus for individuals that are referred and we place.
*Candidates must be eligible to work in the US as well as meet the qualifications listed above in order to be considered for the Software Product Manager job.