Current open executive and professional ag opportunities
Browse or refine your search criteria below to view our current open positions. However, if you wish to streamline your job application process, you can simply create a profile and upload your resume. This step enables our system to recognize you each time you visit our site and will significantly reduce the amount of time it takes for you to apply to future positions. If you’re the right person for the job, we will want to contact you as soon as possible!
Senior Feedyard Accountant
Johnstown, CO 80534
Senior Feedyard Accountant
Ag 1 Source is looking for a Senior Feedyard Accountant for a industry leading cattle feeding operation. Familiarity with agribusiness or feedlot operations is a big plus!
What’s in it for you:
- Opportunity to work with the largest cattle feeder in the industry
- Great company benefits
- Opportunity for a great experience in the beef industry
What you will be doing:
- Providing financial information to local management and Company by researching and analyzing accounting data and preparing reports.
- Indirectly supervise 1‐3 clerical employees at 5‐6 feedyards
- Training employees; planning, assigning, reviewing, and directing work.
- Travel to feedyard locations to review, audit, and ensure proper compliance with internal controls, policies, procedures, goals, and priorities.
- Maintaining financial security by following internal controls and complying with federal, state, GAAP, and local financial legal requirements.
- Performs accounting duties such as: maintenance of general and subsidiary ledgers, accounts receivable, revenue distribution, depreciation, cost, property, operating expenses, inventories, and insurance records.
- Reviews payments and requests disbursements.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies and participates in cost analyses, rate studies, and budget variance analyses.
- Reviews financial statements with management personnel both at feedyard and corporate locations; educates management team regarding proper account coding and financial data/reports and their purpose.
- Develops capital and operating budgets; manages expenses by studying historical data, anticipating needs and researching costs.
- Maintains professional, technical, and industry knowledge.
A successful candidate for this Senior Feedyard Accountant will possess the following:
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting
- CPA a plus
- 1‐2 years of public accounting experience
- Ability and willingness to travel 25‐30% of time; valid driver’s license
- Knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, accounting and database software.
- Experience with SAGE a plus
- Must be relationship oriented and have strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to identify and define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, and propose solutions.
Compensation: Compensation will be determined based on experience.
Benefits: This position offers a healthy benefits package.
Desired Location: The Senior Feedyard Accountant will be located in Johnstown, CO.
Ag 1 Source has been focused on Executive Level Agriculture recruiting since 2002, our network runs deep. If this role isn't quite the right fit for you, but, are still open in exploring career growth, feel free to do so HERE. Or, if you know someone who may be interested in this role, please reach out HERE. We provide up to a $500 referral bonus for individuals that are referred and we place.
*Candidates must be eligible to work in the US as well as meet the qualifications listed above in order to be considered for the Senior Feedyard Accountant job.