Current open executive and professional ag opportunities
Browse or refine your search criteria below to view our current open positions. However, if you wish to streamline your job application process, you can simply create a profile and upload your resume. This step enables our system to recognize you each time you visit our site and will significantly reduce the amount of time it takes for you to apply to future positions. If you’re the right person for the job, we will want to contact you as soon as possible!
Seed Sales Representative
Seed Sales Representative
Ag 1 Source is looking for an Independent Sales Representative in South Eastern Iowa. Independent Sales Representatives are independent contractors who exclusively promote and sell proven top performing seed along with related seed treatments and digital services. The Independent Sales Rep is a full-service seed agent opportunity that would provide products and services to local farmers. Additionally, this is a well-established territory where you will be assuming a large set of existing customers and sales
What’s in it for you:
- Independent: You will own and manage your own business so you can operate and make decisions for your business as an entrepreneur.
- Proven products: You will represent products developed from a world-leading research program.
- Strong brand awareness: You will represent a well-known and respected seed brand and services.
- Exceptional support: You will be given the training and support to succeed including extensive training on: products, agronomic knowledge, digital tools, business development and marketing to grow your business.
- No cost of inventory: The company owns the inventory so no personal ownership or carrying costs.
- Receivables: Payments are made to company, not your agency.
- Customized financial support to assist in start-up equipment to allow industry-leading customer service.
What you will be doing:
- Market and sell a wide range of top performing products of a well-respected brand.
- Deliver products to customers and track supply.
- Provide full agronomic service to area farmers.
- Conduct and document service calls.
- Demand planning for upcoming sales seasons.
- Support planting and harvesting agronomic product knowledge plots.
- Call on a clearly defined list of farmers.
A successful candidate for this Independent Sales Representative will possess the following:
- Desire to obtain deep product knowledge and help educate local farmers of the benefits and placement of those products.
- Strong relationship building skills, sales skills, and agronomic knowledge.
- Experience working with seed, fertilizer, and herbicides is preferred.
- Entrepreneurial minded with a drive to own your own business.
- Willing to embrace new technology to enhance business efficiency.
- Able to quickly adapt to changing agricultural environment.
- Customer service focused.
Compensation: Generous commission system that promotes growth. The compensation system provides both a base and growth earnings as part of the overall package.
Desired Location: Ideally in Davis or Wapello Counties in Iowa
Ag 1 Source has been focused on Executive Level Agriculture recruiting since 2002, our network runs deep. If this role isn't quite the right fit for you, but, are still open in exploring career growth, feel free to do so HERE. Or, if you know someone who may be interested in this role, please reach out HERE. We provide up to a $500 referral bonus for individuals that are referred and we place.
*Candidates must be eligible to work in the US as well as meet the qualifications listed above in order to be considered for the Seed Sales Representative job.