Current open executive and professional ag opportunities
Browse or refine your search criteria below to view our current open positions. However, if you wish to streamline your job application process, you can simply create a profile and upload your resume. This step enables our system to recognize you each time you visit our site and will significantly reduce the amount of time it takes for you to apply to future positions. If you’re the right person for the job, we will want to contact you as soon as possible!
Thumb, MI US
Ag 1 Source is looking for a Sales Manager to lead their sales consultants in a retail and wholesale crop inputs organization. This Sales Manager role will work to drive gross profits through this location, help train selling value and premium products to increase soil and plant health. This is a strong location with solid business today.
What’s in it for you:
- Be part of an exciting organization focused on bringing new agricultural products to growers in the Midwest and Eastern Cornbelt
- Partner with the sales team to support customers and educate growers ad other wholesale customers of new fertility products
- Providing strong leadership to others but still be able to be boots on the ground and have some of your own customers.
What you will be doing:
- Focus on selling the right products for the right area. These folks are not into selling products just to get a sale
- Help make recommendations and understand the science behind our soil and plant health products
- Build long term partnerships with customers for retention and growth
- Mentor the sales staff, assist with customer meetings, negotiating and closing deals
- Leverage customer success by marketing that information to others
- Collaborate with the locations Operations Manager to ensure excellent customer service
- Understand the area, the competition and keep on top of trends and needs in the field
A successful candidate for this Sales Manager role will possess the following:
- BS. or M.S. agronomy or related is desired, but not required
- 10 years or more is agronomy sales and/or sales management
- Good work ethic and ability to communicate and interact with growers and customers
- Experience working with biological soil inputs and practices
- Track record of targeting and achieving sales growth goals
- Strong customer focus, customer service and collaborative
- Proficient with Office software; PowerPoint, Excel and Word
Compensation: Base salary will depend on experience, but targeting $100-$120K base plus a 3% gross profit bonus
Benefits: This organization offers a full suite of health and retirement benefits
Desired Location: This location is based in Eastern MI, thumb area, will work across the region in Michigan and Northern IN but will need to live within a reasonable distance of location
Ag 1 Source has been focused on Executive Level Agriculture recruiting since 2002, our network runs deep. If this role isn't quite the right fit for you, but, are still open in exploring career growth, feel free to do so HERE. Or, if you know someone who may be interested in this role, please reach out HERE. We provide up to a $500 referral bonus for individuals that are referred and we place.
*Candidates must be eligible to work in the US as well as meet the qualifications listed above in order to be considered for the Sales Manager job.