Current open executive and professional ag opportunities
Browse or refine your search criteria below to view our current open positions. However, if you wish to streamline your job application process, you can simply create a profile and upload your resume. This step enables our system to recognize you each time you visit our site and will significantly reduce the amount of time it takes for you to apply to future positions. If you’re the right person for the job, we will want to contact you as soon as possible!
Salinas Valley, CA
Ag 1 Source is looking for a sales agronomist in the Salinas Valley of California to manage an existing book of business with distributors and growing the sales territory. This is an excellent opportunity to join a leading, well established, specialty fertilizer company. This individual will be responsible for managing a sales territory, specifically the North Central Coast of California. It will be important to have a strong background in sales and be able to work closely with distribution and growers. This role will require extensive travel throughout the region, which will be defined more with the skill set that this right individual brings to the table.
What’s in it for you:
- Opportunity to work for a well established, yet fast growing agricultural chemical company
- Have an existing book of business on which to build a foundation for success in growing the sales territory
- Competitive salary, benefits and retirement program
What you will be doing:
- Build relationships with existing distributor clients in the territory
- Expand relationships with growers, distributors and retailers
- Develop a sales growth plan for market expansion
- Travel throughout the region to expand presence and market share
A successful candidate for this Sales Agronomist job will possess the following:
- Demonstrated experience in agricultural sales
- Bachelor’s Degree in Agronomy or related field with coursework in plant science, soil science, plant health and plant nutrition
- Experience in plant nutrition, highly desirable
- Existing grower, retailer and distributor connection within the territory
- Valid CCA and/or PCA license desirable, but not mandatory
- Knowledge of high value crops and irrigation systems used in their production
- Analytical skills including ability to read and understand nutritional values relating to soil, water and plant material
- Ability to develop complete nutrient management programs following Good Agronomic Practices (GAP)
- Strong written and oral communication skills
Compensation: This position will pay between $70,000 and $90,000 depending upon background and experience
Benefits: This company provides a competitive benefits and retirement package along with a 401K, company vehicle, computer, Ipad and phone
Desired Location: This position is for an individual already based in the Salinas Valley or surrounding area of California
Ag 1 Source has been focused on Executive Level Agriculture recruiting since 2002, our network runs deep. If this role isn't quite the right fit for you, but, are still open in exploring career growth, feel free to do so HERE. Or, if you know someone who may be interested in this role, please reach out HERE. We provide up to a $500 referral bonus for individuals that are referred and we place.
*Candidates must be eligible to work in the US as well as meet the qualifications listed above in order to be considered for the Sales Agronomist job.