Current open executive and professional ag opportunities
Browse or refine your search criteria below to view our current open positions. However, if you wish to streamline your job application process, you can simply create a profile and upload your resume. This step enables our system to recognize you each time you visit our site and will significantly reduce the amount of time it takes for you to apply to future positions. If you’re the right person for the job, we will want to contact you as soon as possible!
Sales Account Manager - Ag Fertilizer
Sales Account Manager – Ag Fertilizer
Ag 1 Source is looking for a Sales Account Manager who will be working with the ag distribution/retail, coops and fertilizer manufacturers across the country to build business. Our client is a well-known and respected global distributor of specialty chemical and fertilizer products/ingredients. This will be a home-based position with about 25% travel.
What’s in it for you:
- Smaller company feel with great opportunity for growth and advancement.
- This is a new role to help manage their growing business and continue to develop new relationships and opportunities for growth.
- A lot of flexibility in how you work – no micromanaging!
- There is a high level of confidence in where the products supply comes from. Proven and trusted resources.
- Ability to be flexible on pricing and terms to get the business done.
- Because you are a part of a small team, your input on all fronts will be valued and they are agile enough to make things happen quickly.
What you will be doing:
- Key Account Management – there is a good business established today and we need someone to continue to foster and grow those relationships with current customers.
- Business Development – there remains a huge potential of new customers across the U.S., and your job will be to use your existing network first, to work to build new customers.
- Managing complex negotiations with senior level executives.
- Build trusting relationships with the decision makers to use our solid lineup of products to help enhance their line of products.
A successful candidate for this Sales Account Manager will possess the following:
- Strong understanding of fertilizer or chemical manufacturing in agriculture.
- Good relationships in the distribution/retail/manufacture sectors.
- Proven ability to sell.
- Commodity selling would be valuable in this role.
- Bachelor’s degree in Agronomy, Chemistry, Biological Sciences or any agriculture related discipline.
- 5-10 years of experience in specialty fertilizer, chemical or animal feed sales preferred
- Experience selling products in a private label or ingredient type environment would be helpful.
Compensation: The compensation package is lucrative with a good commission structure attached. This will be dependent on the location and experience brought to the position.
Benefits: Benefit packages are available, and will be discussed in more detail to prospective candidates.
Desired Location: The location for this role is open to the right individual. First choices would be the PNW (Pacific Northwest) or the Upper Midwest regions. But, we would entertain other locations for the right person.
Ag 1 Source has been focused on Executive Level Agriculture recruiting since 2002, our network runs deep. If this role isn't quite the right fit for you, but, are still open in exploring career growth, feel free to do so HERE. Or, if you know someone who may be interested in this role, please reach out HERE. We provide up to a $500 referral bonus for individuals that are referred and we place.
*Candidates must be eligible to work in the US as well as meet the qualifications listed above in order to be considered for the Sales Account Manager job.