Current open executive and professional ag opportunities
Browse or refine your search criteria below to view our current open positions. However, if you wish to streamline your job application process, you can simply create a profile and upload your resume. This step enables our system to recognize you each time you visit our site and will significantly reduce the amount of time it takes for you to apply to future positions. If you’re the right person for the job, we will want to contact you as soon as possible!
Regional Production Manager, Live Operations
Regional Production Manager, Live Operations-Poultry
A forward thinking, innovative poultry farming company is searching for an experienced Regional Production Manager to join its management team in the Northern East Bay Area of California. The company was established in 2014 with the thought process of bringing a better tasting, healthy product to market and has had much success in its short life span. The next step is to establish and get its new farm up and running, then grow in scale. The Regional Production Manager will be responsible for this activity. The ideal candidate will have experience in growing birds and will be part of the management team that is looking to grow the scale of the business. This a great opportunity for someone that wants to be part of a company that is starting a new phase in a new set up, leveraging their experience to help drive the vision of the company.
- Work with the COO to run our newest in-house farm
- Develop and implement a strategic plan for chicken production at the property
- Help coordinate all the relevant supply chain partners (feed mill, processing plant, hatchery, trucking, etc.)
- Develop and implement a Strategic Production Plan and Operating Budget
- Once chicken production is ongoing at the new location, establish research projects to deliver higher quality production of chickens
- Together with the logistics and sales teams, decide on a domestic production plan (volumes, locations), following the strategic plan
- Help develop our pasture-raised protocols, manuals, and procedures that we will use to scale production with new farmers
- Ensure consistent and reliable production by hiring a top class farm team to help manage the farm
- Develop daily, weekly and monthly reporting guidelines to convey production data to the management team and to use in future planning
- Organize all that data into an appropriate cloud-based technology system
Whats in it for You
- Competitive salary with bonus
- Housing provided
- Opportunity for advancement
- Working in a progressive innovative environment
- Be part of the decision making management team
- Be part of the goal setting and objectives for the company
- Build and lead your own team to support the farm
- Be part of the growth of the company
This position will provide a frequently updated strategic plan and budget (2 years outlook) to ensure long term availability of new locations and capacity in order to ensure the right volumes, quality chicken at economical sound costs to meet the sales and margin plan. If you are ambitious, goal-oriented, have good communication skills that likes to work and collaborate in a team atmosphere, then this may be and excellent opportunity for you. Opportunities like this do not come along every day.
Job Keywords: poultry, poultry job, flock, chicken, poultry production, agriculture careers, avian, ag careers, ag jobs, agricultural jobs, ag, agriculture, farm, farming, ag1source, jobs, career, position, recruiting, recruiter
*Candidates must be eligible to work in the US as well as meet the qualifications listed above in order to be considered for the Poultry Regional Production Manager job.