Current open executive and professional ag opportunities
Browse or refine your search criteria below to view our current open positions. However, if you wish to streamline your job application process, you can simply create a profile and upload your resume. This step enables our system to recognize you each time you visit our site and will significantly reduce the amount of time it takes for you to apply to future positions. If you’re the right person for the job, we will want to contact you as soon as possible!
Regional Ag Asset Manager - California
Merced, CA 95340 US
Regional Ag Asset Manager - California
Ag 1 Source is looking for a Regional Ag Asset Manager to join the Ag Services team of a well established international agricultural asset management company. This is an exceptional opportunity for an experienced agricultural asset manager looking to build upon their farm management and account oversight responsibilities. A successful candidate will be able to provide management oversight for existing properties and evaluate and purchase additional properties for the company portfolio.
What’s in it for you:
- Work in both the general farm manager and asset manager capacities at a senior level
- Be part of a well established and highly regarded agricultural management company
- Have an existing base of farm operations with the ability to grow your own regional asset portfolio
- Competitive salary and benefits
What you will be doing:
- Manage budgets, reporting and business operations within California and other in the surrounding states
- Coordinate financial and operations reporting with VP of Ag Services
- Create and communicate long-range strategic business and capital investment plans
- Oversee business planning process with tenants and contractors
- Lead planning and execution of local capital projects
- Show ownership of tenant recruiting, rent negotiation and overall farm management process
- Manage farm programs, compliance, and sustainability needs
- Build and maintain strong relationships and alliances with preferred vendors, including farm technology related to satellite imagery, irrigation systems, on-farm sensors/IoT devices, weather stations, disease and pest management, yield forecasting and measurement
A successful candidate for this Regional Ag Asset Manager will possess the following:
- Strong financial modeling skills, and analytical and financial acumen
- Farm management experience with preference to direct farming experience
- Thorough understanding of farming, crop production and insurance
- Familiarity with data analytics and precision farming, and a strong desire to support IFC’s software solutions
- Support for corporate ESG programs and standards such as Leading Harvest
- Bachelor’s degree from a land grant or Agriculture university with a record of high academic achievement
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with the ability to deliver compelling and concise presentations
- Strong computer skills including PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
Compensation: This company offers a competitive salary and bonuses based upon performance
Benefits: This company offers a generous benefits package that includes a health insurance plan and a 401(k) plan with employer matching.
Desired Location: This position would ideally be located within the Central Valley of California
Ag 1 Source has been focused on Executive Level Agriculture recruiting since 2002, our network runs deep. If this role isn't quite the right fit for you, but, are still open in exploring career growth, feel free to do so HERE. Or, if you know someone who may be interested in this role, please reach out HERE. We provide up to a $500 referral bonus for individuals that are referred and we place.
*Candidates must be eligible to work in the US as well as meet the qualifications listed above in order to be considered for the Asset Manager job.