Current open executive and professional ag opportunities
Browse or refine your search criteria below to view our current open positions. However, if you wish to streamline your job application process, you can simply create a profile and upload your resume. This step enables our system to recognize you each time you visit our site and will significantly reduce the amount of time it takes for you to apply to future positions. If you’re the right person for the job, we will want to contact you as soon as possible!
North Central, NE
A reputable Nebraska & South Dakota ranch is seeking a Ranch GM for its 1000++ head commercial cow calf operation that is situated on deeded acres. This ranch is run with pride and integrity and has a firm commitment to the livestock industry, sustainable wildlife resource development, and stewardship. Safety is a priority at all times. The ranch is owned by local owners who are in other industries and are active in the overall direction of the ranch.
This is a full time, senior management position for an individual with initiative, an active interest in learning, and a willingness to undertake an ambitious development program to enhance an already premier operation.
Minimum requirements to be considered for this role include:
- A stable employment record
- A college degree in ranch management, animal science, range management, wildlife resources, or similar field is preferred
- Demonstrated achievement as a ranch manager of a 1000++ cow operation
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a desire to lead people as well as implement processes
- Previous experience at developing and adhering to an operating budget
- Proven ability to plan, communicate and organize ranch activities
- Great attention to detail and high motivation to produce results
- A desire to embrace and employ technology to improve the ranch
Other desirable qualities in the ideal candidate include:
- Experience selecting and purchasing seedstock and marketing calves
- Familiarity with agronomy as it relates to pasture management and hay production
- Experienced in A.I. And scyronization
Key responsibilities include:
- Oversight of all ranch operations, facilities, personnel, budget, and profit and loss
- Recommending and implementing advanced ranch, livestock, and range management techniques and technologies
- Development and implementation of a wildlife habitat improvement program
- Manage and oversight of the haying operation and associated equipment
- Continual focus on improving the efficiency of the ranch from every aspect
We are looking for someone who is seeking opportunity to learn and improve abounds in this role, so if you are looking for a role where you can just do things the old way, keep looking. We want a Cattleman not a cowboy!
Compensation for this role is competitive and there is a performance based bonus program. Also included in the compensation package: house, utilities (excluding phone).
Job Keywords: agriculture careers, ag careers, ag jobs, agricultural jobs, ag, agriculture, ag1source, jobs, career, position
*Candidates must be eligible to work in the US as well as meet the qualifications listed above in order to be considered for the Ranch GM job.