Current open executive and professional ag opportunities
Browse or refine your search criteria below to view our current open positions. However, if you wish to streamline your job application process, you can simply create a profile and upload your resume. This step enables our system to recognize you each time you visit our site and will significantly reduce the amount of time it takes for you to apply to future positions. If you’re the right person for the job, we will want to contact you as soon as possible!
Southwest, WI US
A well-established agri-business in Southwest Wisconsin is seeking a candidate to join their production agronomy team. This is an opportunity to join a long-standing and well accomplished business that produces seed for many well-recognized seed brands. They’re looking for someone who can lead their team in the field agronomically, and in the warehouse with product orders and dispatching. They are looking for someone with agronomic knowledge and the ability to lead others and isn’t interested in doing sales, but rather using their knowledge to help the operation perform at its maximum level.
In this role the Production Agronomist will:
- Be the lead agronomist for the company helping make input decisions and recommendations
- Utilize their agronomic knowledge to help make key decisions for the operation to work at its maximum potential
Expectations for the Production Agronomist include:
- Lead the warehouse by dispatching custom applicators, scheduling seed treatments, ordering chemicals, fertilizer, and other preventative products
- Demonstrate well-rounded agronomic knowledge of leading products and technology in the ag industry
- Perform soil mapping, soil sampling, reviewing fertility maps, pricing of seed treatments, and end of year inventory management
- Track work orders, contact product suppliers, quoting of preventative products, and designate team assignments for the week
- Demonstrate leadership abilities as well as the ability to work in a team environment
- Ensure customer service and satisfaction
- Able to plan their day and execute the plan based on good business management skills
A qualified candidate will possess the following:
- Experience working in an agronomy related field
- Have a background in agriculture and a willingness to learn
Compensation: The company will offer a competitive base salary and profit-sharing opportunities
Benefits: Profit-sharing plan, health, dental, and vision insurance, HSA (Health Savings Account), 401k, PTO, and Holidays
Location: Southwest, WI
Ag 1 Source has been focused on Executive Level Agriculture recruiting since 2002, our network runs deep. If this role isn't quite the right fit for you, but, are still open to exploring career growth, feel free to do so HERE. Or, if you know someone who may be interested in this role, please reach out HERE. We provide up to a $500 referral bonus for individuals that are referred and we place.
*Candidates must be eligible to work in the US as well as meet the qualifications listed above in order to be considered for the Production Agronomist job.