Current open executive and professional ag opportunities
Browse or refine your search criteria below to view our current open positions. However, if you wish to streamline your job application process, you can simply create a profile and upload your resume. This step enables our system to recognize you each time you visit our site and will significantly reduce the amount of time it takes for you to apply to future positions. If you’re the right person for the job, we will want to contact you as soon as possible!
Precision Agronomy Sales Specialist
Precision Agronomy Sales Specialist - Ohio
Ag 1 Source is looking for a Precision Agronomy Sales Specialist for Ohio to work closely with the team of Precision Agronomists to help them grow their clientele base who will receive the most cutting-edge precision agronomy services available to make informed and prioritized decisions for improved ROI.
What’s in it for you:
- Be part an innovative and customer focused team in one of the fastest growing, ag technology companies in North America
- Uncapped income potential with opportunities to advance your level of responsibility and career
- Work directly with a team of Precision Agronomists to help them grow their local clientele by presenting the value of the diagnostic tools and services to progressive farm operators
What you will be doing:
- Develop new prospects via existing relationships and cold calling to generate and uncover opportunities for customer acquisition to drive acre acquisition and exceed sales objectives
- Collaborate closely with local Precision Agronomists to tag team sell the platform/offering
- Develop and implement strategies to increase the sales of proprietary products
- Achieve/Exceed sales, revenue and market share targets within the defined market/territory
- Consult customers along with the Precision Agronomist on agricultural issues and prescribe respective actions to resolve issues
- Manage pricing, contracts, and existing customer growth within the CRM system
- Develop consistent communication with the Precision Agronomist and customer to ensure outstanding customer satisfaction and best-in-class high touch service
- Manage new customer implementation, expectations, and satisfaction with the service
- Work closely with Precision Agronomist to deliver enterprise reports evaluating past year performance and develop plans for the upcoming season
- Collaborate with Area Business Manager, Regional Business Director, and/or Marketing to provide feedback on market penetration, marketing program needs, etc.
- Collect outstanding accounts receivables from customers
A successful candidate for this Precision Agronomy Sales Specialist position will possess the following:
- Four-year bachelor's degree in Agriculture Business, Agronomy, or related field with 2 or more years of experience or Associates degree with 5 or more years of related experience
- Must be willing maintain or obtain a Certified Crop Advisor certification within 1 year of employment
- Results Oriented: embraces goals and goal setting for a successful career in sales. Self-motivated; action oriented; appreciates a challenge; pursues opportunities; focuses on thriving!
- Demonstrates passion for exceeding customer needs and the ability to influence to close the sale and help customers to take optimal decisions
- Knowledge of Precision Agriculture preferred
- Comfortable in challenging customers and play the role of a change agent to help them improve their operations
- Strong listening skills to carefully and effectively appreciate unique customer needs and align them into compelling value propositions
- Oral communication, writing, and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in computer programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Comfortable speaking in front of large groups or 1:1 cold calling
- Must reside in the US and within the desired territory
- Clean driving record
- Relocation not provided
Compensation: Based on experience, existing relationships, and overall market potential. A candidate with 2-5 years of experience can typically earn a $60,000-$80,000 base salary, while 5+ year candidates can have a base up to $110,000. In addition to the base salary, there are bonus opportunities for performance.
Benefits: This organization offers comprehensive and flexible benefits for all employees.
Desired Location: Ohio
Ag 1 Source has been focused on Executive Level Agriculture recruiting since 2002, our network runs deep. If this role isn't quite the right fit for you, but, are still open in exploring career growth, feel free to do so HERE. Or, if you know someone who may be interested in this role, please reach out HERE. We provide up to a $500 referral bonus for individuals that are referred and we place.
*Candidates must be eligible to work in the US as well as meet the qualifications listed above in order to be considered for the Precision Agronomy Specialist job.