Current open executive and professional ag opportunities
Browse or refine your search criteria below to view our current open positions. However, if you wish to streamline your job application process, you can simply create a profile and upload your resume. This step enables our system to recognize you each time you visit our site and will significantly reduce the amount of time it takes for you to apply to future positions. If you’re the right person for the job, we will want to contact you as soon as possible!
Precision Ag Manager
Precision Ag Manager - NC
Ag 1 Source is looking for a Precision Ag Manager for a stable and well respected organization. This company is rock solid with a need to continue to grow their precision ag/precision technology business. This is a great opportunity for someone who is passionate about precision ag, data, technology, hardware and software and loves working with farmers and others on how these tools can help them be more profitable.
This is not a role for a recent grad. We need someone with probably a minimum of 4 years of experience, working in some type of precision ag role, with a strong agronomy understanding. The successful applicant must have the desire to, not necessarily manage a team, but to really help motivate salesmen to continue and help them understand how to best sell the precision ag services.
This Precision Ag Manager is a role that can be worked from one's home office with a preferred location in Eastern North Carolina. Raleigh East, Central Eastern is best just for proximity, but Eastern North Carolina, NC, in general would be considered.
What's in it for you:
- The opportunity to move your career to the next level by being the go-to person on all things precision ag for this organization
- The ability to work from home, travel across this area and set your own schedule.
- Be a part of an organization where your input matters. You are not just a number or an extension in the phone registry, you will be a part of the team helping to continue to grow this organization, and really have an impact and say in all things precision ag.
- Work for a company with a long, successful and solid reputation in the industry.
What you will be doing:
- Access and collect all relevant data including yield maps, as applied maps, etc. with a proprietary software program
- Process and analyze relevant on-farm data
- Provide excellent customer service to growers
- Answer grower inquiries and provide troubleshooting advice to growers as needed
- Understand how to read soil test data
- Ability to write RX prescriptions
- Ability to work with others to be the go-to expert on precision ag services and help them sell and service the program
- Traveling across Eastern North Carolina
A successful candidate will possess the following:
- 4 years or more in selling and servicing precision ag programs
- Very strong computer and overall technology skills
- Bachelor's degree or suitable experience required
- Passion to work with farmers and help them determine what technology products will be best for their operation and show them a return on investment
- Solid work ethic and ability to be self-motivated
Compensation: This role will depend upon experience, but targeted base salary $50-$75K with $55-65K really being their sweet spot.
Benefits: All the typical benefits one might expect in this role such as, vehicle allowance, insurance, 401K, phone, etc.
Desired Location: As mentioned above, Eastern North Carolina, Raleigh East. If there is a perfect spot, it would be around Greenville, NC, anywhere Central Eastern NC would be doable as this will travel and work from home.
This search is being worked by Rhonda Caughlin Werner, our Executive Agronomy Recruiter for the South Eastern U.S. with over 11 years in recruiting at Ag 1 Source. Learn more about Rhonda HERE.
If you know someone who may be interested in this role, please reach out. We provide up to a $500 referral bonus for individuals that are referred and we place.
*Candidates must be eligible to work in the US as well as meet the qualifications listed above in order to be considered for the Precision Ag Manager job.