Current open executive and professional ag opportunities
Browse or refine your search criteria below to view our current open positions. However, if you wish to streamline your job application process, you can simply create a profile and upload your resume. This step enables our system to recognize you each time you visit our site and will significantly reduce the amount of time it takes for you to apply to future positions. If you’re the right person for the job, we will want to contact you as soon as possible!
Plant Processing Manager
NW of Denver, CO
Plant Processing Manager
We have an outstanding Plant Manager role available with a premier food manufacturer and distributor with a strong history and reputation. Our client is ready to continue growth with partnership of a strong Plant Manager with a history of Leadership, Continuous Improvement and P&L Management.
Responsibilities and Duties:
Reporting to the VP of Operations, the Plant Manager is responsible for the overall operational and financial performance across all departments within the plant. This includes KPIs and strategic goals and any other metrics to improve performance, and ensure the highest level of employee satisfaction efficiency of operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the entire facility to include all employee related issues such as managing, hiring, new employee training, discipline, evaluations, safety, and adherence to company policies and procedures.
- Manage all processing activities to maintain maximum production and quality requirements.
- Manage the daily operations to hit dedicated KPIs and strategic goals
- Ensure daily production schedules for all lines and determine best operating strategy through consultation with shift supervisors.
- Manage ERP system for accurate inventory of packaging, ingredients, film, and pouch materials.
- Diligently examine/monitor the financial impact of all decisions and processes carried out at the plant.
- Must follow and enforce all company SQF, GMPs, policies, and PPE.
- Maintain compliance in all areas of the operations to include close monitoring of the PH discharge to the municipality.
- Maintain a strong talent bench through proper organizational structure and the development of talent from within.
- Ensure communications with your direct reports by conducting regular one-on-one meetings with them.
- Attend the monthly facility safety meetings to ensure all activities are documented per company policy and all safety training, inspections, and repairs are conducted as required.
- Maintain understanding of any plant or machine maintenance issues and ensure they are communicated to the maintenance department and corrected.
- Drive a LEAN continuous improvement culture throughout the plant.
- Work with other support departments within the company to accomplish plant goals.
- Show a tangible work ethic to those in your plant to lead by example and set the bar high.
- Build a team culture that is centered on the company’ s vision, mission and values statement.
- Take ownership of the plant’ s appearance both inside and out.
- Ensure all company related announcements or newsletters are posted and communicated to employees.
Qualifications and Skills Requirements:
- Bachelor degree in Business Management or related field
- 3+ years of strong Plant/Manufacturing leadership experience with demonstrated success in continuous improvement and P&L management
- Demonstrated leadership and vision in managing staff groups and major projects
- Food manufacturing experience a plus
Necessary Skills and Abilities:
- Must have very good people skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Detail and goal oriented
- Ability to make quick decisions in a fast paced environment
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Ability to work longer hours if needed to meet customer needs
- Ability to hold oneself and employees accountable to expectations
- Ability to read and understand financial statements
- Excellent follow-up and follow through skills
*Candidates must be eligible to work in the US as well as meet the qualifications listed above in order to be considered for the Plant Processing Manager job.