Current open executive and professional ag opportunities
Browse or refine your search criteria below to view our current open positions. However, if you wish to streamline your job application process, you can simply create a profile and upload your resume. This step enables our system to recognize you each time you visit our site and will significantly reduce the amount of time it takes for you to apply to future positions. If you’re the right person for the job, we will want to contact you as soon as possible!
Plant Manager - SD
There is an immediate need for a proven Plant Manager to lead a well established, industry respected feed company manufacturing facility. Responsible for leading a feed production team with accountability for adding value to its production system through oversight of the daily production and delivery of feeds at a company feed production facility. Contribute significantly to the strategic direction of the Nutrition Operations Team, including execution of annual operating plans and routine analysis of business performance. A strong qualified candidate will have an BS degree in Mill Management or Ag Business, or experience in large, multi-shift feed mill operations, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Great company, strong salary with good benefits package.
Responsibilities of this position will be:
- Directing and coordinating the daily operations of the feed manufacturing facility
- Direct, oversee and participate when needed in repairing and maintaining the feed mill
- Supervising employees including: interviewing, hiring, training, planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems
- Monitoring quality control and ensuring a high quality feed ration
- Ability to comply with company, state and federal regulations
- Communicate and work with transportation department for logistics and delivery of products
- Milling analysis, efficiency and ingredient monitoring for best operation levels
- Inventory control, full feed records, meds, OCHA, HACCP, financial reviews, operating budgets
- Exhibiting strong leadership skills, supervisory skills, and business management
Have a passion for the livestock - beef, dairy, swine industry and know how to drive sales at the dealer and end user level? Do you have successful sales experience or are you someone who has been in the industry for several years, but are looking for a change? If this is you, then you need to take a look at this opportunity!
Why should you consider this Plant Manager job?
This company is a world leader in feed products, research based, financially strong, with huge career opportunities for those who excel within the sales team environment. They are in growth mode and have recently acquired competitors. The territory is already developed with customers who are doing business with our company but have tremendous opportunities to increase market share. The regional manager is “hands off” but very good support and team leader style, not a micro-manager. Superb performance could lead to opportunities if desired within a few years. We need the right person, who enjoys growing the business and can take this territory to the next level. Competitive salary, bonus options, expense account, and big benefit package make this a great opportunity.
Job Keywords: biotechnology jobs, agriculture careers, biotechnology careers, ag careers, ag jobs, agricultural jobs, ag, agriculture, farm, farming, ag1source, jobs, career, position, recruiting, recruiter
*Candidates must be eligible to work in the US as well as meet the qualifications listed above in order to be considered for the Plant Manager job.