Current open executive and professional ag opportunities
Browse or refine your search criteria below to view our current open positions. However, if you wish to streamline your job application process, you can simply create a profile and upload your resume. This step enables our system to recognize you each time you visit our site and will significantly reduce the amount of time it takes for you to apply to future positions. If you’re the right person for the job, we will want to contact you as soon as possible!
Herdsman - Elite Dairy
Herdsman - Elite Dairy
An elite dairy operation in the Midwest is in need of a great Herdsman person or couple team. Family owned and operated for a several generations, this farm is a "show place" and has recently remodeled the entire parlor, etc. Elite, registered, "type" herd, requires someone with a real industry genetic passion as well as overall solid production and management skills set and proven ability (we WILL check references). Cattle on the top of industry standards for type/kind and productions records. Successful candidate may have the ability to own a few of their own cattle at the farm, kids could show this operations heifers/cows/etc. At local, regional and national shows as part of the benefits package. Additionally, the family owners have a vision for growth in the future. This is a very active family within the industry and at the consumer level. This position is focused on the cattle side of the operation, but will have some cross over into the forages and cropping enterprises during peak seasons.
If you DON'T have a love and passion for really good dairy cattle, and the initiative to see and get things done without needing to be told what to do every day, don't bother applying! This Herdsman position will NOT be highly supervised and will NOT be micro-managed!
Role and Responsibilities:
- Herd Management
- Herd Health
- Assist in preparing herd for classification
- Maintain animal health records in PCDart
- Facility Management
- Animal Facilities – daily care and well being for all herd, from calves to lactation
- Dairy Feeding, manure management, etc.
- Check fluids in equipment on a regular basis
- Coordinate routine maintenance with Farm Manager on equipment needed for daily farm operation, TMR Feed Cart, skid-loaders, etc.
- Seasonal Field Work (as needed)
- Continuing Education – Attend short courses, industry events/shows/trade shows
- Propose specialized training as needed (PDPW, AI training, etc.)
Job Keywords: Dairy, Elite, genetics, management, production, cows, heifers, calves, AI, ET, IVF, PC Dart, sales, shows, feed, milking, herdsman, Midwest
*Candidates must be eligible to work in the US as well as meet the qualifications listed above in order to be considered for the Herdsman job.