Current open executive and professional ag opportunities
Browse or refine your search criteria below to view our current open positions. However, if you wish to streamline your job application process, you can simply create a profile and upload your resume. This step enables our system to recognize you each time you visit our site and will significantly reduce the amount of time it takes for you to apply to future positions. If you’re the right person for the job, we will want to contact you as soon as possible!
General Manager - Ag Business
Northeast, MO US
General Manager - Ag Business
Ag 1 Source is working with a local board of directors to hire an up-and-coming General Manager for their Agronomy, Grain, Fuel and Feed business to take over for a retirement. We are seeking someone who may come from a larger Ag Retail/Coop location who is interested in advancing their career into more of a General Manager role and overseeing other location managers and the overall business. While an overall stable business, there is certainly room to grow and with the right leadership, this is an area where that can certainly happen.
What’s in it for you:
- Opportunity to advance your career into a higher level Management role
- Spend some time learning the ins and outs of this business from the current GM before his retirement
- Desire for someone to come in and bring new ideas to help foster growth
- Limited overnight travel and a great rural area for a family with proximity to all the basic needs
What you will be doing:
- General oversight of entire business including agronomy, grain, fuel, and feed
- Working closely with the Board of Directors on direction and growth projections
- Leading the current location managers and helping to guide their goals and location growth
- Procuring and contracting fertilizer, fuel, propane, grain, etc.
- Helping to grow strong bonds with the community and customers
A successful candidate for this General Manager role will possess the following:
- 5+ years of management experience, preferably with some prior coop experience
- Strong communication skills and ability to increase technology usage
- Solid agriculture business experience
- Budgeting and P&L responsibility
- Leadership skills and growth mindset
Compensation: targeting a base salary of $70-$90K with additional management incentives. Potentially more for exceptional experience.
Benefits: Pension, Insurance, and other typical tools to accomplish the job.
Desired Location: Northeast MO - more specifics will be given in conversation.
Ag 1 Source has been focused on Executive Level Agriculture recruiting since 2002, our network runs deep. If this role isn't quite the right fit for you, but, are still open in exploring career growth, feel free to do so HERE. Or, if you know someone who may be interested in this role, please reach out HERE. We provide up to a $500 referral bonus for individuals that are referred and we place.
*Candidates must be eligible to work in the US as well as meet the qualifications listed above in order to be considered for the General Manager job.