Current open executive and professional ag opportunities
Browse or refine your search criteria below to view our current open positions. However, if you wish to streamline your job application process, you can simply create a profile and upload your resume. This step enables our system to recognize you each time you visit our site and will significantly reduce the amount of time it takes for you to apply to future positions. If you’re the right person for the job, we will want to contact you as soon as possible!
An industry leading cattle feeding organization is looking for an experienced Financial Controller. The Financial Controller is a key member of the management team and has the direct responsibility for daily accounting. If you are ready to take the next step in your career, or continue your career in a commercial feedyard setting, and a strong desire to work as part of a team, then this opportunity is for you.
What will you do in this Financial Controller role?
- Preparation of monthly financial statements, coordination of annual audit, preparation of annual shareholder report and budget
- Ensures accounting policies and procedures are in place and followed; reviews transactions to ensure internal control standards are met
- Recommends cost-containment strategies
- Provides the financial report at board and annual shareholder meetings
- Supervise preparation of annual income tax return and determine shareholder distributions
- Manage the company’s insurance plans, including health, property, and workers’ compensation
- Responsible for capital appropriation and approval process, including analysis on proposed purchases, divestitures and major acquisitions including lease vs. purchase, return on investment studies, paybacks and alternative considerations
- Coordinates the preparation of the annual capital expenditure budget and long term outlook and maintains the fixed asset list and related depreciation schedules for financial reporting and income tax purposes
- Develops and maintains relationships with lending institutions and determines proper level of financing, term and any renewals; assures all loan covenants are in compliance and develops all internal controls with regard to treasury management functions
- Through the HR Manager, oversees employee recruiting, performance evaluation, and compensation and benefit programs of the Company
- Provides input and responds to guidance, vision, and direction from General Manager and Ownership Group regarding projects, strategies, business opportunities and various problems and issues
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance plus CPA preferred
- Must have 5+ years of management accounting experience
- Ability to perform analysis and studies of existing financial areas as well as project business growth outcomes
- Strongly adept in financial reporting, treasury functions, tax, daily accounting, payroll, internal controls, auditing and banking
- Agriculture background is preferred
- Strong managerial and leadership abilities
This is a reputable organization and a rare opportunity to join a successful team in a top tier leadership role. Compensation is competitive and full benefits are included. If you are looking to join a great team and further your career with an industry leader, then apply today!
If you are ready to join this awesome team, apply now!
Ag 1 Source offers an industry leading Referral Bonus Program that provides our networking partners with a financial reward of up to $500. If you find positions that aren’t a fit for you, but you know of someone who might be, you can earn a referral bonus for referring those contacts! See our website for further details.
*Candidates must be eligible to work in the US as well as meet the qualifications listed above in order to be considered for the Cattle Manager job.