Current open executive and professional ag opportunities
Browse or refine your search criteria below to view our current open positions. However, if you wish to streamline your job application process, you can simply create a profile and upload your resume. This step enables our system to recognize you each time you visit our site and will significantly reduce the amount of time it takes for you to apply to future positions. If you’re the right person for the job, we will want to contact you as soon as possible!
Ag 1 Source is looking for a Feedyard Manager for a privately owned cattle feeding organization that is growing in the industry. MUST have 10+ years of proven tract record, extremely solid references, and NOT been a "yard-hopper"! Highly "data driven" system, with retained ownership cattle, specific genetic groups, rations and end target markets, etc. Person needs to be highly organized, hands on, lead by example and great people person. This will be a "Show place for customer tours", etc.
What’s in it for you:
- You will have the opportunity to join one of the progressive, leading cattle industry companies.
- You will get to continue to grow and develop in your career.
- There is an excellent benefits package and competitive compensation.
- A vehicle is available for work use.
- You will get to work at a state-of-the-art facility.
What you will be doing:
- Working closely with senior leadership to set direction and priorities of operations which includes extensive data harvesting and analysis, consultant relationships as well as more "standard" pen maintenance, animal health, cattle placement, diet mixing/delivery, budgeting and yard tours by end user customers (branded meat companies).
- Develop ration formulation and pricing with assistance of the consulting nutritionist.
- Work with management and consultants to ensure that recommendations are implemented.
- Work with the human resource director to ensure all safety and employee initiatives are implemented.
- Communication with cattle procurement on placement of cattle based on feedlot capacity and projected demand for cattle by out date.
- Regular review with department managers on key cattle performance indicators: dry matter intake, average daily gain, conversions, maximizing grid, medicine costs, out programs, morbidity rate, mortality rate; and action items to improve those key indicators.
- Assist in the development of annual operating and capital budgets for entire location.
A successful candidate for the Feedyard Manager will possess the following:
- 10+ years cattle feedlot operations experience with proven performance in leadership roles of increasing responsibility.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Proven results in the feedlot industry.
- MUST be hands on, but Proficiency with numbers and analyzing data
- Self-motivated, strong work ethic and lead by example type
Compensation: Compensation for this role is in the $100K range with upside potential bonuses.
Benefits: This employer offers excellent benefits plan.
Desired Location: The Feedyard Manager role is located in Eastern Wyoming, edge of Nebraska.
Ag 1 Source has been focused on Executive Level Agriculture recruiting since 2002, our network runs deep. If this role isn't quite the right fit for you, but, are still open in exploring career growth, feel free to do so HERE. Or, if you know someone who may be interested in this role, please reach out HERE. We provide up to a $500 referral bonus for individuals that are referred and we place.
*Candidates must be eligible to work in the US as well as meet the qualifications listed above in order to be considered for the Feedyard Manager job.