Current open executive and professional ag opportunities
Browse or refine your search criteria below to view our current open positions. However, if you wish to streamline your job application process, you can simply create a profile and upload your resume. This step enables our system to recognize you each time you visit our site and will significantly reduce the amount of time it takes for you to apply to future positions. If you’re the right person for the job, we will want to contact you as soon as possible!
Panhandle, TX 76856 US
Our client is one of the most successful and reputable cattle feeders in the industry. They are currently seeking a professional manager to join one of their successful locations. This candidate must have strong leadership, team building, marketing, and custom cattle feeding experience. We will train the right person the operational side of the yard.
What’s in it for you:
- You will be a key member of a top-notch management team
- Compensation is solidly “in the market” and the company provides excellent benefits
- This will NOT be a boring job
- Family friendly work environment
What you will be doing:
- Working closely with senior leadership to set direction and priorities of operations which includes objectives around: consultants, pen maintenance, animal health, cattle placement, ration formulation, budgeting and yard visits.
- Develop ration formulation and pricing with assistance of the consulting nutritionist.
- Work with management and consultants to ensure that recommendations are implemented.
- Work with the human resource director to ensure all safety and employee initiatives are implemented.
- Communication with cattle procurement on placement of cattle based on feedlot capacity and projected demand for cattle by out date.
- Regular review with managers on key cattle performance indicators; dry matter intake, average daily gain, conversions, maximizing grid, medicine costs, out of programs, morbidity rate, mortality rate; and action items to improve those key indicators.
- Assist in the development of annual operating and capital budgets at each location.
A successful candidate for this Feedyard Manager will possess the following:
- 5+ years experience in custom cattle feeding business
- Bilingual speaking skills and ability to lead ethnically diverse work force is desired
- Strong operational management experience
- Ability to mentor, lead, and train employees
- Strong customer relations, marketing, and risk management experience is required
- Willingness to live and work in Kansas
Benefits: Full medical and retirement package
Desired Location: Texas Panhandle
Ag 1 Source has been focused on Executive Level Agriculture recruiting since 2002, our network runs deep. If this role isn't quite the right fit for you, but, are still open in exploring career growth, feel free to do so HERE. Or, if you know someone who may be interested in this role, please reach out HERE. We provide up to a $500 referral bonus for individuals that are referred and we place.
*Candidates must be eligible to work in the US as well as meet the qualifications listed above in order to be considered for the Feedyard Manager job.