Current open executive and professional ag opportunities
Browse or refine your search criteria below to view our current open positions. However, if you wish to streamline your job application process, you can simply create a profile and upload your resume. This step enables our system to recognize you each time you visit our site and will significantly reduce the amount of time it takes for you to apply to future positions. If you’re the right person for the job, we will want to contact you as soon as possible!
Feed Plant Manager
Feed Plant Manager - IA
There is an immediate need for a proven Plant Manager to lead a well established, industry respected feed company manufacturing facility. Responsible for leading a feed production team with accountability for adding value to its production system through oversight of the daily production and delivery of feeds at a company feed production facility. Contribute significantly to the strategic direction of the Nutrition Operations Team, including execution of annual operating plans and routine analysis of business performance. A strong qualified candidate will have an BS degree in Mill Management or Ag Business, or experience in large, multi-shift feed mill operations, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. This is a great company, with a strong salary and good benefits package.
Responsibilities of this position will be:
- Directing and coordinating the daily operations of the feed manufacturing facility
- Direct, oversee and participate when needed in repairing and maintaining the feed mill
- Supervising employees including: interviewing, hiring, training, planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems
- Monitoring quality control and ensuring a high quality feed ration
- Ability to comply with company, state and federal regulations
- Communicate and work with transportation department for logistics and delivery of products
- Milling analysis, efficiency and ingredient monitoring for best operation levels
- Inventory control, full feed records, meds, OCHA, HACCP, financial reviews, operating budgets
- Exhibiting strong leadership skills, supervisory skills, and business management
Job Keywords: Feed, nutrition, ingredients, commodities, feed mill, manufacturing, blending, pigs, hogs, beef, cattle, dairy, horses, manager, supervisor, IA
*Candidates must be eligible to work in the US as well as meet the qualifications listed above in order to be considered for the Plant Manager job.