Current open executive and professional ag opportunities
Browse or refine your search criteria below to view our current open positions. However, if you wish to streamline your job application process, you can simply create a profile and upload your resume. This step enables our system to recognize you each time you visit our site and will significantly reduce the amount of time it takes for you to apply to future positions. If you’re the right person for the job, we will want to contact you as soon as possible!
Feed Mill Manager
Feed Mill Manager
Ag 1 Source has an immediate need for a proven Feed Mill Manager to lead a well-established, regionally owned feed company. This feed company has a good manufacturing facility and is very well respected in the industry. The Feed Mill Manager will be responsible for leading a feed production team with accountability for adding value and efficiency to its production system through oversight of the daily production and delivery of feeds at a company feed production facility. This position will contribute significantly to the strategic direction of the overall nutrition operations team, including execution of annual operating plans, capital improvements and routine analysis of business performance and efficiency. A strong qualified candidate will have an B.S. degree in Mill Management or Ag Business, with 10+ years experience in large, multi-shift, feed mill operations, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. This is a great company, providing a strong salary with a good benefits package.
What’s in it for you:
- Great company to work for and develop a long career path.
- Excellent opportunities for continued growth within the organization.
- Solid compensation package and very financially sound, expanding company.
Responsibilities of this Feed Mill Manager position will be:
- Directing and coordinating the daily operations of the feed manufacturing facility, including inbound and outbound product flow.
- Direct, oversee and participate when needed in repairing and maintaining the feed mill.
- Supervising 5-7 employees including: interviewing, hiring, training, planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Monitoring quality control and ensuring high-quality feed rations, both pelleted and meal feeds.
- Ability to comply with company, state and federal regulations.
- Communicate and work with transportation department for logistics and delivery of products.
- Milling analysis, efficiency and ingredient monitoring for best operation levels.
- Inventory control, full feed records, meds, OSHA, HACCP, financial reviews, operating budgets.
- Exhibiting strong leadership skills, supervisory skills, and business management.
Base requirements for this Feed Mill Manager role:
- Knowledge and previous proven supervisory and management experience.
- 5-10 years of feed industry experience.
- At least 5 years of large, high-efficiency, feed mill management background.
- Prefer a B.S. degree in Feed Mill Science or Ag Business.
- Strong QA/QC, regulatory, budgeting, financial efficiency experience.
Compensation: Compensation will be determined based upon experience.
Benefits: The Feed Mill Manager can expect a very strong overall package, including insurance, retirement match and other perks.
Location: This position is located in North-Western Iowa.
Ag 1 Source has been focused on Agriculture recruiting since 2002, our network runs deep. If this role isn't quite the right fit for you, but, are still open in exploring career growth, feel free to do so HERE. Or, if you know someone who may be interested in this role, please reach out HERE. We provide referral bonus for individuals that are referred and we place.
*Candidates must be eligible to work in the US as well as meet the qualifications listed above in order to be considered for the Feed Mill Manager job.