Current open executive and professional ag opportunities
Browse or refine your search criteria below to view our current open positions. However, if you wish to streamline your job application process, you can simply create a profile and upload your resume. This step enables our system to recognize you each time you visit our site and will significantly reduce the amount of time it takes for you to apply to future positions. If you’re the right person for the job, we will want to contact you as soon as possible!
Feed Mill Manager
Feed Mill Manager
Seeking a chance to move to the next level in the feed industry? Take a look at this opportunity for a Feed Manager with a professional cattle feeding business in Nebraska. The qualified candidate will need 5+ years experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. This position will provide a competitive salary with outstanding benefits package.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Directing and coordinating the daily operations of the grain processing facility
- Managing and supervising employees including: interviewing, hiring, training, planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems
- Monitoring quality control and ensuring a high quality feed ration
- Ability to comply with state and federal regulations
- Exhibit strong leadership and communication skills
- Works closely with consultants to optimize cattle performance and health.
- Monitors feed intakes, bunk conditions, cattle behavior to feed presentation and schedules ration step-up programs, pen ships, moves, and transfers based on variables such as days on feed, gender, weather, breed, etc.
- Maintain adequate inventory of all commodities.
- Performs quality control procedures on all incoming feed ingredients; oversees feed mixing, distribution and maximum consumptions.
- Ensure compliance with all FDA regulations regarding medicated feed and micro ingredients.
- Develop and maintain emergency back-up procedures for occurrences of mill outages.
- Prepare and follow the preventative maintenance schedule for the feeding & milling department
- Communicates yard & mill issues and updates to appropriate personnel.
- Ensures that newly received and re-implant cattle are fed in a timely manner by coordinating feeding schedule with the cattle department.
- Project capital expenditures for feeding department and prepares and maintains the annual feed department budget; manage expenses.
- Maintains cattle feeding records by compiling, entering, and analyzing information.
- Enters rations into the batching system; create and enter the feeding schedule before each round of feeding.
- Coordinate and follow the preventative maintenance schedule for the feeding department and the service schedules of all feeding equipment.
- Prepares and coordinates feeding and milling schedules with all Managers.
- Maintain pickups, trucks, and feed office area in professional appearance.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- College Degree or 5+ years of successful experience in a cattle feeding & grain milling environment.
- Animal husbandry skills, knowledge of cattle breeds and characteristics.
- Previous supervisory or management experience.
- Solid understanding of OSHA/HACCP guidelines.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills are required.
- Valid driver license.
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) skills are a plus.
- Strong MS Office experience and proficiency; cattle accounting system experience preferred.
- Ability to comply with state and federal regulations.
- Exhibit strong leadership and communication skills.
- Excellent company with strong career advancement opportunities.
- Great benefits and competitive pay.
- Recognized leader in the cattle feeding industry.
- Outstanding career advancement opportunities.
- Proactive management team.
- Heart of cattle feeding country.
Key words: Cattle, Feed Milling, Nutrition, Maintenance, Computer, Supervisor, Manager, feed, rations, turnkey
*Candidates must be eligible to work in the US as well as meet the qualifications listed above in order to be considered for the Feed Mill Manager Job.