Current open executive and professional ag opportunities
Browse or refine your search criteria below to view our current open positions. However, if you wish to streamline your job application process, you can simply create a profile and upload your resume. This step enables our system to recognize you each time you visit our site and will significantly reduce the amount of time it takes for you to apply to future positions. If you’re the right person for the job, we will want to contact you as soon as possible!
Alturas, CA 96101 US
Ag 1 Source is looking for an experienced farming manager for a diversified 17,000-acre alfalfa, wheat, wild rice, and grass hay operation in Northeastern California. If you have the farm equipment, crop production and leadership skills, this is an exceptional long-term opportunity for you.
What’s in it for you:
- The ability to work for a family-owned enterprise and welcoming culture with a history of growth and success
- Experience in the variety of responsibilities and tasks managing the crops operation, the people, and the equipment to keep every day interesting and exciting
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Housing can be included
What you will be doing:
- Coordinate and manage functions related to field preparation, gps and laser leveling, planting, weeding, cultivating, input application, irrigating, harvesting and hauling
- Makes day to day operational decisions
- Ensures proper maintenance of all farm buildings, equipment, and irrigation systems
- Directs and coordinates worker activities, such as planting, irrigation, and harvesting
- Create safe work environment
- Foster an attitude of continuous improvement throughout all aspects of crop production
- Work with the on-staff crop advisor to provide insight for crop rotation and seed purchasing decisions that are seasonally appropriate, using knowledge and experience from working in the fields (i.e., time of year, time of planting, and ground moisture)
- Ensure that employees have the necessary training and licenses to run equipment and that those licenses are kept current
A successful candidate for this Farm Manager Role will possess the following:
- 5-7 years experience in managing a diversified farming operation, preferably in wild rice and forage production
- Demonstrated experience in operation, repair, maintenance, and purchasing of farm equipment and farm vehicles
- Experience in water management utilizing stored water and groundwater and the operation of irrigations systems, including pivot, side roll, and flood irrigation
- Experience in crop rotations, employee and equipment scheduling
- Bachelor’s degree in agriculture or related or experience equivalent
- Demonstrated experience in short- and long-range forecasting and budgeting
- Strong communication, organizational skills, team building, and team-working and collaboration skills
- Very strong leadership and people management experience
- Bi-lingual preferred
Compensation: This company offers a competitive salary in the $90K-$110K range depending upon experience
Benefits: A comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and 401K is provided as well as a company vehicle and housing
Desired Location: The farming operation is located in Alturas, CA
Ag 1 Source has been focused on Executive Level Agriculture recruiting since 2002, our network runs deep. If this role isn't quite the right fit for you, but, are still open in exploring career growth, feel free to do so HERE. Or, if you know someone who may be interested in this role, please reach out HERE. We provide up to a $500 referral bonus for individuals that are referred and we place.
*Candidates must be eligible to work in the US as well as meet the qualifications listed above in order to be considered for the Farm Manager job.