Current open executive and professional ag opportunities
Browse or refine your search criteria below to view our current open positions. However, if you wish to streamline your job application process, you can simply create a profile and upload your resume. This step enables our system to recognize you each time you visit our site and will significantly reduce the amount of time it takes for you to apply to future positions. If you’re the right person for the job, we will want to contact you as soon as possible!
Farm Operations Manager
Eureka, NV 89316 US
Farm Operations Manager
Ag 1 Source is looking for a Farm Operations Manager for a diversified 2,600-acre alfalfa and grass hay operation along with an 800 head feedlot operation in Eastern Nevada. If you have the farm equipment, forage crop production and business leadership skills, this is an exceptional long-term opportunity for you.
What’s in it for you:
- The ability to work for a family-owned enterprise and welcoming culture with a history of growth and success
- Experience in the variety of responsibilities and tasks managing the crops and cattle operations, the people, and the equipment to keep every day interesting and exciting
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Housing or a housing subsidy included
What you will be doing:
- Manage day-to-day operations of farming activities
- Market the hay operation and grow the customer base
- Coordinate, prioritize, and delegate work activities and projects and manage ongoing progress
- Perform basic irrigation, fertilization, pest management and farm equipment maintenance duties
- Forecasting, budgeting and record keeping for the operation
- Oversee equipment operation, maintenance and replace programs
- Maintaining facilities and farm vehicles as needed
A successful candidate for this Farm Operations Position will possess the following:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in agriculture, agribusiness, or other related field
- Proven successful management experience, particularly in forage production
- Demonstrated experience in diversified hay production
- Knowledge of operation and maintenance of farm equipment
- Knowledge of cattle production a plus
- Strong communication skills both written and oral
- Ability to work in both an individual and team setting
- Prior computer and record keeping experience
- A high level of integrity and work ethic
Compensation: This company offers a competitive salary in the $80,000-$100,000 base range. Housing needs will be factored into salary negotiations.
Benefits: This company offers paid time off, a company vehicle, housing and utility supplement, bonuses and beef.
Desired Location: This position is located in Eureka, Nevada and requires full time residence.
Ag 1 Source has been focused on Executive Level Agriculture recruiting since 2002, our network runs deep. If this role isn't quite the right fit for you, but, are still open to exploring career growth, feel free to do so HERE. Or, if you know someone who may be interested in this role, please reach out HERE. We provide up to a $500 referral bonus for individuals that are referred and we place.
*Candidates must be eligible to work in the US as well as meet the qualifications listed above in order to be considered for the Farm Operations Manager job.