Current open executive and professional ag opportunities
Browse or refine your search criteria below to view our current open positions. However, if you wish to streamline your job application process, you can simply create a profile and upload your resume. This step enables our system to recognize you each time you visit our site and will significantly reduce the amount of time it takes for you to apply to future positions. If you’re the right person for the job, we will want to contact you as soon as possible!
South East, AL US
Ag 1 Source is looking for an experienced Farm Manager to come join a 2500+ acre farm in Southeast Alabama. This is a diversified farm with both row crops and some produce. We are seeking someone with 7+ years of farm/operations/management experience. You will be leading the day-to-day activities and working closely with the farm owner to understand the needs for the day and then your job is to execute and make decisions as needed. This is a great opportunity for someone who either cannot make a full-time living on their own far, perhaps you are tired of Ag Retail, maybe you are working on a research farm and are tired of farming small plots, or other roles that allow you to bring your knowledge of production agriculture, operations and management to advance your career.
What’s in it for you:
- Working with a no-nonsense owner who is clear on their plans and needs someone who can execute.
- While this is a farm, they do try to keep the hours of 7-5 M-Th and 7-4 on Fridays and try to not work weekends unless it's just prime time season and needed.
- Work life balance is important for everyone, and they offer A LOT of paid time off during their slow seasons for you to spend time with family, hunt, fish, travel, etc.
- The opportunity to be on a farm every day, managing a team, keeping things running and finding satisfaction in keeping things moving like a well-oiled machine.
- A drama free workplace. While managing folks always involves some situations to work through, from an owner and you being his right-hand man, there will be little drama or lack of understanding what's expected.
What you will be doing:
- Primary duty is to keep the crew running and efficiently doing their tasks.
- This is everything from managing groundwork prep, planting, in season applications, harvest, etc. overseeing the crewing doing those tasks and knowing how to jump in when absolutely necessary.
- Reporting to the owner progress and needs as they arise.
- This isn't a total hands-off job though, you will need to be willing to jump in and get dirty when required.
- Overseeing all operations and equipment involved.
A successful candidate for this Farm Manager position will possess the following:
- High level of detail and an organized person is a must! Is your truck spotless? Then you may be the right person.
- Someone who is process driven and likes to make sure all boxes are checked, t's are crossed and i's are dotted, we need someone with a higher conformity level who can make sure things are done correctly.
- Someone who can lead, motivate and not just bark orders at the crew. Someone who can build a team.
- Row crop and/or produce crop production experience is needed.
- Someone who is at least slightly mechanically inclined will be a huge plus.
Compensation: Will depend on experience, but willing to pay a very competitive salary or hourly (can be negotiated as to which) up to $80-$90K per year top end.
Benefits: Will assist in paying 1/2 of your insurance as well as a bonus.
Desired Location: Will need to live within a 20-mile radius of extreme SE Alabama - Dothan, AL area or across the state line into the Donalsonville, GA area.
Ag 1 Source has been focused on Executive Level Agriculture recruiting since 2002, our network runs deep. If this role isn't quite the right fit for you, but, are still open in exploring career growth, feel free to do so HERE. Or, if you know someone who may be interested in this role, please reach out HERE. We provide up to a $500 referral bonus for individuals that are referred and we place.
*Candidates must be eligible to work in the US as well as meet the qualifications listed above in order to be considered for the Farm Manager job.