Current open executive and professional ag opportunities
Browse or refine your search criteria below to view our current open positions. However, if you wish to streamline your job application process, you can simply create a profile and upload your resume. This step enables our system to recognize you each time you visit our site and will significantly reduce the amount of time it takes for you to apply to future positions. If you’re the right person for the job, we will want to contact you as soon as possible!
Farm Manager - NE Kansas
Northeastern, KS US
Farm Manager - Northeast Kansas
Ag 1 Source is looking for an experienced Farm Manager to come join a 3000+ acre farm in NE Kansas. This farm has mainly corn and soybeans, both dryland and irrigated. We are seeking someone with 10+ years of farm/operations/management experience. You will be leading the day-to-day activities and working closely with the farm owner.
What’s in it for you:
- Working with a no-nonsense owner who is clear on their plans and needs someone who can execute.
- Work life balance is important for everyone.
- The opportunity to be on a farm every day, managing a team, keeping things running and finding satisfaction in keeping things moving like a well-oiled machine.
- Making all production decisions.
What you will be doing:
- Primary duty is to keep the farm running efficiently as possible.
- This is everything from managing groundwork prep, planting, in season applications, harvest, etc. overseeing the crewing doing those tasks and knowing how to jump in when absolutely necessary.
- Selecting all seed, chemical, and fertilizer along with all pre-pay responsibilities to make the most sense and profit.
- All crop insurance and government programs.
- Reporting to the owner progress and needs as they arise.
- This isn't a totally hands-off job, you will need to be willing to jump in and get dirty when required.
- Overseeing all operations and equipment involved.
A successful candidate for this Farm Manager position will possess the following:
- High level of detail and an organized person is a must! Is your truck spotless? Then you may be the right person.
- Someone who is process driven and likes to make sure all boxes are checked, t's are crossed, and i's are dotted, we need someone with a higher conformity level who can make sure things are done correctly.
- Someone who can lead, motivate and not just bark orders at the crew. Someone who can build a team.
- Row crop and/or produce crop production experience is needed.
- Someone who is at least slightly mechanically inclined will be a huge plus.
Compensation: Will depend on experience, but willing to pay a very competitive salary or hourly (can be negotiated as to which) up to $80-$100K.
Benefits: House, health, vehicle, and many more.
Desired Location: NorthEast Kansas
Ag 1 Source has been focused on Executive Level Agriculture recruiting since 2002, our network runs deep. If this role isn't quite the right fit for you, but, are still open to exploring career growth, feel free to do so HERE. Or, if you know someone who may be interested in this role, please reach out HERE. We provide up to a $500 referral bonus for individuals that are referred and we place.
*Candidates must be eligible to work in the US as well as meet the qualifications listed above in order to be considered for the Farm Manager job.