Current open executive and professional ag opportunities
Browse or refine your search criteria below to view our current open positions. However, if you wish to streamline your job application process, you can simply create a profile and upload your resume. This step enables our system to recognize you each time you visit our site and will significantly reduce the amount of time it takes for you to apply to future positions. If you’re the right person for the job, we will want to contact you as soon as possible!
Executive Director - Agriculture
Yakima, WA 98901
Executive Director - Agriculture
The Executive Director of this Agriculture Agribusiness Association, executes the priorities, policies and programs of the associations elected board of directors. Works closely with board of directors and be privy to their political, personal and management philosophies. The Executive Director will be the primary spokesman and voice of the organization while also directing the day to day business administration of staff and programs.
What’s in it for you:
- Do you want to be in a leadership role representing and fighting for our regional agriculture interests on a national platform?
- You would be networking with national and regional level political constituents representing the interests of the members of our association
- Our organization is a member driven, non-profit association comprised of agricultural input organizations and affiliated service providers.
- Member value is delivered through programs and services addressing legislation, regulations, education and training.
- The association focuses on advocacy, communication and education for the agribusiness industry’s continued economic viability and environmental stewardship efforts.
- We have a small team of directors which would give you the opportunity to wear many hats and be very hands on
- The current ED will be available to assist with the transition as needed
What you will be doing:
- Professionally represent the interests and image of the association.
- Implement operating and management plans.
- Develop guides, standards and procedures for administering programs of the association.
- Network and forge partnerships that prove beneficial to the association.
- Represent and advocate for the political interests of the association.
- Serve as a member of various committees and provide guidance to ensure co-operation within the by-laws of the association.
- Manage budget, financial reporting, payroll, property and business supplies.
A successful candidate for this Executive Director Role will possess the following:
- Four-year Bachelor’s Degree with minimum 10 years experience in agriculture, and politics or advocacy work
- Agricultural Background – preferably knowledge of fertilizer and crop input industry.
- Knowledge of federal, state and local agencies and organizations within the state that have interest in agricultural and environmental programs.
- Knowledge and network of political systems to exercise advocacy for the association.
- Strong communication skills grounded in honesty and integrity.
- Management experience.
- Accurately and honestly represent the policies and priorities of the association.
- Competence as a group leader and conduct effective meetings.
- Knowledge of the economic, financial, agricultural and sociological factors affecting the agribusiness industry in WA, OR, ID, UT and NV.
- Ability to travel.
Compensation: Compensation is to be determined depending on experience.
Benefits: We offer competitive benefits.
Desired Location: The Executive Director will be located in Eastern Washington.
Ag 1 Source has been focused on Executive Level Agriculture recruiting since 2002, our network runs deep. If this role isn't quite the right fit for you, but, are still open in exploring career growth, feel free to do so HERE. Or, if you know someone who may be interested in this role, please reach out HERE. We provide up to a $500 referral bonus for individuals that are referred and we place.
*Candidates must be eligible to work in the US as well as meet the qualifications listed above in order to be considered for the Executive Director job.