Current open executive and professional ag opportunities
Browse or refine your search criteria below to view our current open positions. However, if you wish to streamline your job application process, you can simply create a profile and upload your resume. This step enables our system to recognize you each time you visit our site and will significantly reduce the amount of time it takes for you to apply to future positions. If you’re the right person for the job, we will want to contact you as soon as possible!
District Sales Manager
East/Central, IA US
District Sales Manager – East/Central Iowa
Ag 1 Source is looking for a District Sales Manager to join an expanding and aggressive seed and biologicals company for their East/Central Iowa region. This organization is expanding in Iowa and is seeking a DSM in a territory covering from Newton to Cedar Rapids along Interstate 80 from West to East, and up to Highway 30 to the North. This is a unique opportunity to be part of an organization with a loyal and multi-state customer base that has been rapidly growing over the past 5 years after acquiring multiple Corn States genetics, along with the growth of their biological products. This is an opportunity to utilize your passion for customer and dealer relationships to help enhance both of their operations and establish yourself as a leader in the market. As well as providing industry-leading advice and products to help others succeed.
What’s in it for you:
- Be part of an innovative and customer focused team in a market with a track record of success
- Use your connections to build onto a territory
- Become a market leader in your region with the support of industry-leading products and the ability to manage the territory utilizing dealer networks
What you will be doing:
- Grow your territory by leveraging existing relationships and developing new connections
- Build a reputation with customers, and prospects that promotes long term relationships while supporting the company’s sales strategy
- Manage the territory requirements including product stewardship, customer service and financial administration
- Manage to and operate within a budget that will include revenue generation, account management, and forecasting
- Achieving Territory business goals including: sales, product mix, new customer development, and strategic market development
A successful candidate for the Crop Consultant will possess the following:
- At least 2 years of experience working in sales within the seed industry
- Knowledge of and ability to effectively communicate sales programs and interpret data
- Knowledge of and ability to skillfully develop and execute sales presentations
- Knowledge of and ability to skillfully apply sales, service and agronomic technical skills
- Ability to influence and negotiate profitable relationships
- Ability to pass a background check, substance abuse test and driving record background check (i.e. moving violations, accidents, license suspension, etc.)
- B.S., or equivalent, in agronomy, agriculture, business, marketing, or a related field
Compensation: Compensation is based on experience, existing relationships, and overall market potential. This can range from $70,000-$110,000 base salary depending on the candidate’s amount of experience and existing customers within the territory. In addition to the base salary, all District Sales Managers can earn a bonus based on the growth of the territory and maintenance of existing customers.
Benefits: This organization offers comprehensive benefits for employees including: home office, company vehicle, 401K matching up to 4%, 2 weeks PTO on start date, life, health, dental and vision insurance.
Desired Location: This organization is seeking a candidate to ideally be located within the territory of work which spans from Newton to Cedar Rapids along Interstate 80, and up to Highway 30 to the North.
Ag 1 Source has been focused on Executive Level Agriculture recruiting since 2002, our network runs deep. If this role isn't quite the right fit for you, but, are still open in exploring career growth, feel free to do so HERE. Or, if you know someone who may be interested in this role, please reach out HERE. We provide up to a $500 referral bonus for individuals that are referred and we place.
*Candidates must be eligible to work in the US as well as meet the qualifications listed above in order to be considered for the District Sales Manager job.