Current open executive and professional ag opportunities
Browse or refine your search criteria below to view our current open positions. However, if you wish to streamline your job application process, you can simply create a profile and upload your resume. This step enables our system to recognize you each time you visit our site and will significantly reduce the amount of time it takes for you to apply to future positions. If you’re the right person for the job, we will want to contact you as soon as possible!
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering
The Director of Engineering plans and directs all aspects of the engineering activities within the organization, including but not limited to Design Engineering, Product evaluation, Drafting, Experimental, Technical Documentation, and Tool Design. Ensures all engineering project initiatives, and processes are in conformance with our established policies and objectives. Manages day to day operations, instructs and informs engineering managers on direction of programs, makes corrections as needed to meet goals in accordance with the strategic plans and the direction of upper management.
- Ability to communicate with people at all levels of the organization, as well as external contacts
- Ability to lead teams, provide leadership, and achieve desired success
- Follow our guidelines for product development and reporting
- Develop, document, and/or maintain standards, best practices, or system usage procedures
- Proficiently operate 3D cad system Creo/PDM is preferred
- Utilize company MRP system and ECR/ECN software for new products and maintaining old products
- Selects, develops, trains and supervises staff
- Provides direct leadership and support to operational excellence initiatives and best practices
- Understand the complete our product lines and all service/replacement needs
- Continuously improve systems, using latest technology to improve the product line, making it a first choice by our customers
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Offer innovative and/or patentable ideas for new products to meet customer needs
- Evaluate product concepts based on real and/or perceived benefits to the customer
- Research patents for potential infringements
- Maintain current knowledge on engineering related topics including CAD, FEA, new materials, new methods of construction, new testing procedures, etc.
- Maintain current knowledge on competitive products and trends in the industry
- Promote best practices among teams across all departments without creating silos; drive and develop training for process, tools, automation, and continuous improvement
- Develops and implements methods and procedures for monitoring projects such as records of expenditures and research findings, progress reports, and staff conferences to inform management of current status of each project
- Directly supervise Engineering Managers (approximately 2 - 4 people)
- Be responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the engineering team located in Kansas
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Company’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; performance management & employee development; addressing complaints; and resolving problems
- A bachelor’s degree in structural, design, agricultural engineering, or a similar business degree and/or a minimum of ten years engineering management experience is preferred. An MBA or higher level engineering related degree is also preferred.
- Knowledge of farming/agriculture equipment and/or heavy industrial or agricultural equipment and knowledge of computer system utilization in engineering management is required.
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, blue prints, technical manuals/procedures, and sales and engineering documentation.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business and financial reports and plans.
- Ability to effectively communicate business information through formal reports and business correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information, respond to questions, solve problems, negotiate, and resolve conflict with customers, dealers, and groups of employees at all levels in the organization.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as statistics and probability. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, ratios, percentages, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret a variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
*Candidates must be eligible to work in the US as well as meet the qualifications listed above in order to be considered for the Director of Engineering job.