Current open executive and professional ag opportunities
Browse or refine your search criteria below to view our current open positions. However, if you wish to streamline your job application process, you can simply create a profile and upload your resume. This step enables our system to recognize you each time you visit our site and will significantly reduce the amount of time it takes for you to apply to future positions. If you’re the right person for the job, we will want to contact you as soon as possible!
Dairy Manager - Herdsman
Dairy Manager - Herdsman
A Dairy Developer that is focused on operational excellence is looking for a Dairy Manager - Herdsman to join their top-notch team. We are looking for a strong leader to oversee and train-up middle management. The individual must have excellent customer service and great communication skills.
This dairy is a 20, 000+ head heifer developer. The owners and team members value simplicity, effective technology and infrastructure, sound processes, and great people. Preventative maintenance and cross-training are important elements of the culture, but most importantly, this company values team.
The Dairy Manager - Herdsman is expected to be the integral part of the management team and to contribute to the overall success and continuous improvement of the business. The ideal candidate should have an open personality that can communicate effectively with everyone.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Herd Management
- Procedures and protocols are properly trained and followed
- Feeding procedures and protocols are trained and followed
- Breeding, body scoring, and knows reproduction
- Herd health, treatments, and identification
- Maintain normal flow in the absence of employees
- Assist in preparing herd for classification
- Attend to customer needs
- Maintain animal health
- Occasionally available for night emergencies
- Facility Management
- Animal facilities – daily care, well being for all herd, and facilities
- Equipment maintenance and operating -very mechanically inclined
- Oversee equipment maintenance on a regular basis
- Ability to operate ALL types of equipment and in a safe manner
- Coordinate routine maintenance with Mechanic Manager on equipment needed for daily farm operation, TMR feed cart, skid-loaders, etc.
- Customer Service
- Continuing Education
- Propose specialized trainings as needed
Required qualifications to be considered for this role:
- BS in Dairy Science or background in the dairy field preferred and 7+ years practical experience with large Elite Breeding Herds
- Direct dairy cattle supervising management experience
- Direct knowledge of herd health, developing heifer operations
- Demonstrated ability to follow-up on mission-critical issues and act independently within the scope of your responsibilities
- Demonstrated ability to lead, communicate openly, motivate, evaluate, and be balanced and equitable when dealing with employees
- Demonstrated ability to make good decisions during stressful situations and be able to manage time for maximum efficiency
- Must have ability to acquire knowledge and understanding of company training procedures and participate directly in employee training and development
- The ability to work in a team environment is essential for the successful candidate
- Ability to multi-task in an ever changing environment
- Ability to speak Spanish a plus!
We are looking for the RIGHT person that FITS with the team and the needs of the company.
Base compensation is competitive and will match with the qualifications and experience that you bring to the table. Bonuses will be considered for the well-qualified candidate. The Dairy Manager is expected to know cows, people and customers and will need to be on-call at nights for emergencies.
If you have what it takes to be successful in this role, then apply today! Your opportunity is only limited by you!
Job Keywords: Dairy, management, production, cows, heifers, calves, AI, feed, milking, herdsman, Colorado, Highplains
*Candidates must be eligible to work in the US as well as meet the qualifications listed above in order to be considered for the Dairy Manager - Herdsman job.