Current open executive and professional ag opportunities
Browse or refine your search criteria below to view our current open positions. However, if you wish to streamline your job application process, you can simply create a profile and upload your resume. This step enables our system to recognize you each time you visit our site and will significantly reduce the amount of time it takes for you to apply to future positions. If you’re the right person for the job, we will want to contact you as soon as possible!
Crop Protection Sales Rep
Crop Protection Sales Rep - Carolinas & MidAtlantic
This Crop Protection Sales Rep position is an excellent opportunity for someone seeking a position utilizing sales and marketing skills to facilitate the growth of Crop Protection Solutions. This is an excellent company with a growing pipeline of new products. The employer has established business in the region and is rapidly expanding. The territory will cover the Carolina's and the MidAtlantic with a focus on their distribution partners in the area as well as helping with pull-through sales. This is an exciting time for this company. They have established partnerships, and they need someone with a passion for specialty crops/food crops, crop protections that are sustainable.
Why work for this company?
- This is an established business that is poised to really continue their growth trajectory up.
- Solid manager who does not like to micromanage.
- This organization has been around for a long time.
- This role would be great for someone who has some great sales experience but is looking to make the move into more of a territory rep/manufacturer rep type role.
- We are seeking someone earlier in their career, this isn't a start from scratch role, so someone who understands Ag Retailers and Distribution partners and specialty food crops.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Support existing distribution network in the management, sales, and technical support of product line.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with distribution partners and expanding sales opportunities.
- Providing technical support to end-users (growers/packers/shippers) and ensuring proper use and application of products.
- Drive communication (internal and external) within the organization and through distribution partners in seamless fashion to deliver agreed upon strategies.
Key requirements for the Crop Protection Sales Representative job:
- Prior experience in sales of crop protection products will be essential to the success of this position.
- Ability and proven track record of being able to close the sale.
- Knowledge of retail customer business as well as agro-chemical distribution networks.
- Understanding of general plant pathology concepts or field scouting experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in agriculture related discipline.
- Motivated, innovative thinking, entrepreneurial character and goal driven.
- Really looking for that strong sales personality who can hustle and make things happen.
- Someone who wants the opportunity to prove themselves and make an impact.
The candidate must have the following professional and personal competencies:
- Identifying, developing, and closing of new business opportunities.
- Strategic planning and forecasting.
- Working with customers and distributors.
- Strong personnel drive and committed personality.
- Knowledge of agriculture.
- Candidate must be team focused.
- Candidate must possess strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Compensation: You can expect a targeted base pay of $75-$85K base with a commission on top of that to reward success.
Benefits: This company provides an excellent benefits package.
Desired Location: Eastern North Carolina or Eastern Virginia is the preferred location, but as long as you are willing to travel in this region of NC, VA, MD, DE, or Southern NJ, would be acceptable.
Ag 1 Source has been focused on Executive Level Agriculture recruiting since 2002, our network runs deep. If this role isn't quite the right fit for you, but are still open to exploring career growth, feel free to do so HERE. Or, if you know someone who may be interested in this role, please reach out HERE. We provide up to a $500 referral bonus for individuals that are referred, and we place.
*Candidates must be eligible to work in the US as well as meet the qualifications listed above in order to be considered for the Crop Protection Sales Rep job.