Current open executive and professional ag opportunities
Browse or refine your search criteria below to view our current open positions. However, if you wish to streamline your job application process, you can simply create a profile and upload your resume. This step enables our system to recognize you each time you visit our site and will significantly reduce the amount of time it takes for you to apply to future positions. If you’re the right person for the job, we will want to contact you as soon as possible!
Crop Nutrients Sales Representative
Crop Nutrients Sales Representative - Mid Atlantic
Ag 1 Source is looking for a sales representative to build on the business of this organization in the Mid-Atlantic and North East. This is an excellent opportunity to join a leading, well established, specialty fertilizer company who is growing their presence here in the East. This individual will be responsible for managing a sales territory with a primary focus on the Mid-Atlantic region but will also seek to expand into the Northeast. It will be important to have a strong background in sales and be able to work closely with distributors, retailers, and influential growers. This role will an individual to be willing travel throughout the region but initial focus will be working with a primary partner and growing their business there in the Mid-Atlantic region.
What’s in it for you:
- Opportunity to work for a well-established, yet fast growing crop inputs company
- Already have one partner in the region who you will be supporting and working with to grow their business
- Be partnered with another individual in the organization who is focused on business development - you don't have to do it all yourself
- Work from your home office and travel the territory
- The understanding from the company that this is a marathon, not a sprint, work towards building the territory and know it will take several years
- Competitive salary, benefits and retirement program
What you will be doing:
- Build relationships with existing distributor clients in the territory
- Expand relationships with growers, distributors and retailers
- Develop a sales growth plan for market expansion
- Travel throughout the region to expand presence and market share
A successful candidate for this Crop Nutrients Sales Rep job will possess the following:
- Demonstrated experience in agricultural sales
- Bachelor’s Degree in Agronomy or related field with coursework in plant science, soil science, plant health and plant nutrition (experience and prior success will trump the need for a 4-year degree)
- Experience in plant nutrition, highly desirable
- Existing distributor, retailer, and/or large grower connections within the geography
- Valid CCA license desirable, but not mandatory
- Knowledge of cropping systems throughout the territory
- Analytical skills including ability to read and understand nutritional values relating to soil, water and plant material
- Ability to develop complete nutrient management programs following Good Agronomic Practices (GAP)
- Strong written and oral communication skills
Compensation: This position will pay between $90K - $130K depending upon background and experience
Benefits: This company provides a competitive benefits and retirement package along with a 401K, company vehicle, computer, iPad and phone
Desired Location: This position is for an individual in the Mid-Atlantic with Maryland area being preferred
Ag 1 Source has been focused on Executive Level Agriculture recruiting since 2002, our network runs deep. If this role isn't quite the right fit for you, but, are still open in exploring career growth, feel free to do so HERE. Or, if you know someone who may be interested in this role, please reach out HERE. We provide up to a $500 referral bonus for individuals that are referred and we place.
*Candidates must be eligible to work in the US as well as meet the qualifications listed above in order to be considered for the Crop Nutrients Sales Rep job.