Current open executive and professional ag opportunities
Browse or refine your search criteria below to view our current open positions. However, if you wish to streamline your job application process, you can simply create a profile and upload your resume. This step enables our system to recognize you each time you visit our site and will significantly reduce the amount of time it takes for you to apply to future positions. If you’re the right person for the job, we will want to contact you as soon as possible!
Watertown/Lowville, NY US
Ag 1 Source is looking for a Crop Consultant based around the Watertown/Lowville, NY area.
What’s in it for you:
- Be part of one of the largest and most successful agriculture input and services supplier in the US
- Career advancement opportunities
- Work directly with farm operators with the latest in technologies and resources to achieve career success while improving farmer profitability
- Be home each night. No overnight travel
- Company vehicle to use to visit customers
- Strong employee benefits package
What you will be doing:
- Develop new prospects and interact with existing growers to increase sales of agricultural inputs in order to meet and exceed sales objectives. Manage sales in order to meet profit margin objectives
- Develop and implement strategies to increase the sales of proprietary products
- Assure customer satisfaction of products including, but not limited to on time and accurate delivery and quality of product
- Consult with growers on agricultural issues and prescribe appropriate actions to resolve issues. Resolve issues associated with adverse product results
- Perform initial credit review of customers to determine credit risk. Provide necessary information to Credit Manager in order to determine credit limits
- Collect outstanding accounts receivables from customers
- Perform other duties as assigned
A successful candidate for this Crop Consultant will possess the following:
- University degree preferred, in lieu of degree, 5+ years agriculture experience and high school diploma or equivalent required
- Broad agronomic knowledge base
- Prefer 2+ years’ experience using standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the agriculture industry, as well as the application of agricultural chemicals
- Proficiency in computer programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.
- Clean driving record
- Sales experience preferred
Compensation: Up to $75,000 base plus bonus potential.
Benefits: Strong benefits package including health insurance, 401k with employer match
Desired Location: Candidates could be located around the Watertown/Lowville, NY area
Ag 1 Source has been focused on Executive Level Agriculture recruiting since 2002, our network runs deep. If this role isn't quite the right fit for you, but, are still open in exploring career growth, feel free to do so HERE. Or, if you know someone who may be interested in this role, please reach out HERE. We provide up to a $500 referral bonus for individuals that are referred and we place.
*Candidates must be eligible to work in the US as well as meet the qualifications listed above in order to be considered for the Crop Consultant job.