Current open executive and professional ag opportunities
Browse or refine your search criteria below to view our current open positions. However, if you wish to streamline your job application process, you can simply create a profile and upload your resume. This step enables our system to recognize you each time you visit our site and will significantly reduce the amount of time it takes for you to apply to future positions. If you’re the right person for the job, we will want to contact you as soon as possible!
Business Development Manager
Business Development Manager
Our client is one of the most successful and reputable family swine companies in the industry. They are currently seeking a motivated Business Development Manager that has a strong background in sales. This candidate must have strong team building and leadership abilities. You should like challenging and changing environments that bring the best qualities out of people.
Reports To: Director, Business Development
Job Overview: This role is responsible for maintaining a contractual relationship with current production partners and growing the company's production base by recruiting both new and existing production facilities. This position maintains a mechanical knowledge of facilities and equipment, coordinates construction activities for production partners, facilitates interactions with service providers and acts as a liaison to the building and equipment industry. The role facilitates stewardship of the environment, resources and the image of the company.
Job Duties & Accountability
- Acquire new production partners
- Negotiation of contracts with existing production partners
- Develop and maintain industry relations as a means of locating prospects for filling both long term and short-term finishing space requirements
- Development of partner building projects including pro-forma cash flows
- Utilize both company and contracted resources to ensure sighting criteria are met
- Facilitate lender activities for the purpose of gaining new construction
- Understand the basic principles of building design and supervise contractors during construction to ensure consistency with specifications.
- Help existing Production Partners understand the importance of facility upgrades and work with the production department to implement changes when necessary.
- Maintain an open line of communication with all departments, including production and environmental as a means of gaining a deeper understanding of each growers management abilities
- Associates degree in agriculture, business, related field or experience
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience
- Prior supervisory and leadership experience
- Excellent work history and demonstration of measurable achievements
Standard operating procedure
- Budgeting and analysis
- Adaptation to new and changing technology
- Organization, planning, and complex project management
- Proficiency in computer software applications -specifically Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Working with and through multiple Team projects
- Time management, multi-tasking, and prioritizing
- Prepare and present oral and written reports, presentations, and recommendations and to perform the necessary research and investigations,
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Successfully lead, mentor, coach, and motivate others
- Establish effective working relationships with others and be a team player
- Analyze complex business problems and make sound business decisions
- Think strategically about business decisions and issues (eg. cost/benefit)
- Work independently in a fast paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Maintain complete and accurate records
Key Words: sales, building, feed sales, facilities, construction, sales management, business development, ag, agriculture, swine, equipment sales, Team Lead, team player
*Candidates must be eligible to work in the US as well as meet the qualifications listed above in order to be considered for the Business Development Manager job.