Current open executive and professional ag opportunities
Browse or refine your search criteria below to view our current open positions. However, if you wish to streamline your job application process, you can simply create a profile and upload your resume. This step enables our system to recognize you each time you visit our site and will significantly reduce the amount of time it takes for you to apply to future positions. If you’re the right person for the job, we will want to contact you as soon as possible!
Area Sales Manager
Area Sales Manager
A well-established, U.S. nutrition company is looking for a self-motivated Area Sales Manager to manage current territory sales relationships with dealers, distribution partners, large direct-to-end-user accounts, and expand the market presence in the region with a focus on dealer development and dealer sales staff support.
What’s in it for you:
- This is a well-established, strong nutrition company with great sales support programs and upper management team.
- Nutrition focus, daily farm and dealer visits, and a diverse offering of highly effective, well recognized products.
- Ability to sell a complete program as well as guide and direct the sales growth and potential within the region.
- Mentor and coach a solid team of strong performing local, dealer, sales staff currently in the region.
What you will be doing:
- This position will be responsible for maintaining and increasing sales volume with established accounts and aggressively seeking new customers.
- Provide overall growth strategy within the region.
- Primary travel in state of South Dakota.
A successful candidate for the Area Sales Manager position will possess the following:
- The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of high performing outside sales experience with a feed or animal health company, directly with customers and through dealer service centers.
- You should have strong previous dealer/distribution channel partner experience in your most recent career stop.
- A solid livestock knowledge in the areas of dairy, beef and swine feeds and nutrition sales, as well as some horse and “backyard” animals experience would be a real plus.
- We need an outgoing, hard working person who has top-notch communication and sales skills, a strong desire to succeed, and is a team leader.
- Will need to be able to travel every day from a home base of operations.
- The ideal candidate will have a bachelor's degree or equivalent in Animal Science and/or adequate livestock nutrition experience.
Compensation: This position is a salary plus year-end bonus possibility with a base of established strong dealer business and plenty of upward opportunity.
Benefits: The company offers a solid benefits package including vehicle, company travel, insurance and 401k match, plus more.
Desired Location: The Area Sales Manager will need to be located in South Dakota.
Ag 1 Source has been focused on Executive Level Agriculture recruiting since 2002, our network runs deep. If this role isn't quite the right fit for you, but are still open to exploring career growth, feel free to do so HERE. Or, if you know someone who may be interested in this role, please reach out HERE. We provide up to a $500 referral bonus for individuals that are referred and we place.
*Candidates must be eligible to work in the US as well as meet the qualifications listed above in order to be considered for the Area Sales Manager job.