Current open executive and professional ag opportunities
Browse or refine your search criteria below to view our current open positions. However, if you wish to streamline your job application process, you can simply create a profile and upload your resume. This step enables our system to recognize you each time you visit our site and will significantly reduce the amount of time it takes for you to apply to future positions. If you’re the right person for the job, we will want to contact you as soon as possible!
Agronomy Sales & Consultant
North Central, OH US
Agronomy Sales & Consultant
Ag 1 Source is working with a great client in Ohio who works hard to provide superior customer services through integrity and working as a team to provide their farmer customers the best solutions for their operation. If this customer first mentality matches up with your values, then this would very easily be a place that could be a long-term career for you. This particular opportunity comes with a book of business with innovative and aggressive farmers who like to be pushed to try new things. They want to be the best and we need someone who can provide them with agronomic knowledge but most of all the ability to relate and help them grow their best crops and grow your business as a salesman.
What’s in it for you:
- Their approach is NOT to be tied to the location - they do NOT want you sitting at a desk in the office all day. Set up your office from home, be on the farm and see the customers and go to the location when needed.
- A solid base compensation but they really do a good job in compensating on the back end, enabling you to potentially double your income from incentives.
- Solid organization that has stood the test of time and has a great culture, customer first, team approach, and a strong alignment as an organization.
- Ability to learn - overall knowledge of ag and row crops is important, personality, drive and work ethic are more important. They will train you on what you may not know from an agronomy/product standpoint.
What you will be doing:
- Working with a current customer base to service them and help them achieve their production goals
- Educating the growers on new products or innovative products to perhaps take their production to the next level
- Working closely with the team to enable the customers have a solid offering from agronomy as well as other segments of their business
- Building long term relationships with these customers and adding value - they do not sell on price alone
- Finding new customers to approach to sell and service and grow the business
A successful candidate for this Ag Sales & Consultant position will possess the following:
- Good sales background and personality
- We need someone in this role who enjoys being aggressive, helping push farmers to be open to new ideas and products
- While customer service is important, we need someone not afraid to encourage new ideas and products when it makes sense
- Experience working directly with farmers
- Ability to work independently and grow their sales but also work to grow the overall business of the organization and work with the various teams to grow all facets of the business
- High integrity, strong work ethic, desire to help growers and strong communication skills
Compensation: Will depend on experience, looking at a base salary from $55-$75K but their incentive compensation is very competitive, and they want to target 40-50% of your overall compensation to come from your hard work and success. No reason this role cannot make over $100K total.
Benefits: solid benefit package, truck for work use/travel, profit sharing, 401K, etc.
Desired Location: North Central Ohio
Ag 1 Source has been focused on Executive Level Agriculture recruiting since 2002, our network runs deep. If this role isn't quite the right fit for you, but, are still open in exploring career growth, feel free to do so HERE. Or, if you know someone who may be interested in this role, please reach out HERE. We provide up to a $500 referral bonus for individuals that are referred and we place.
*Candidates must be eligible to work in the US as well as meet the qualifications listed above in order to be considered for the Agronomy Sales and Consultant job.