Current open executive and professional ag opportunities
Browse or refine your search criteria below to view our current open positions. However, if you wish to streamline your job application process, you can simply create a profile and upload your resume. This step enables our system to recognize you each time you visit our site and will significantly reduce the amount of time it takes for you to apply to future positions. If you’re the right person for the job, we will want to contact you as soon as possible!
Agronomy Business Manager - GA
Agronomy Business Manager - South Central Georgia
Ag 1 Source is looking for an Agronomy Business Manager for a well respected client who is seeking a well connected individual to help grow their new business in South Central Georgia. This is a great opportunity to showcase your business management skills and take them to the next level. This Agronomy Business Manager will be working primarily with a specific customer base, so a knowledge of cotton, corn, pecans, peaches and other central GA crops will be preferred. This role will need a knowledge of the various crop inputs, specifically seed and ag chem.
What's in it for you:
- The opportunity to work in an entrepreneurial culture where you will be tasked with growing this business and having a good amount of freedom to do as you see fit
- This is not a micromanaged culture, we need someone with the drive and ambition to go out and make things happen
- Working with a solid and reputable organization with the potential to continue a career path with them
- An opportunity to focus in a very specific geography with limited overnight travel
- This is a unique opportunity where you step into a new business with a built in customer base that you have to service and continue to grow
What you will be doing:
- Managing the accounts of this organization and providing those folks superior customer service as well as their product needs
- First business is supporting and growing current customers, then as the opportunity allows, you will be working with other citrus producers in the area to prospect for new business
- Providing not only agronomic and product support, but also focused on further understanding and growing their business model
- You will have employees to manage as well and managing the P&L for this particular business for the client
- Enjoying servicing a customer base that you probably already know well and will have the opportunity to take that relationship to the next level
A Successful candidate for this Agronomy Business Manager will possess the following:
- Experience in managing a successful sales territory and/or agriculture business of some sort, preferably with an agronomic background
- Good understanding of business and customer relationship management as well as knowledge of the fertilizer and chemicals used in the industry
- Solid can-do attitude and the ability to self manage and run something as if it were their own business
- Positive reputation in the industry
- Preferable 5+ years in the industry
- Bachelor's degree
Compensation: Base compensation for this role will depend on experience and fall in the $65-$85K range with additional bonus opportunity.
Benefits: This organization offers a nice benefit package, insurance, along with vehicle allowance, fuel, etc.
Desired Location: This role would need to be based somewhere in the Warner Robbins area of Georgia.This search is being worked by Rhonda Caughlin Werner, our Executive Agronomy Recruiter for the South Eastern US with over 11 years in recruiting at Ag 1 Source. Learn more about Rhonda HERE.
If you know someone who may be interested in this role, please reach out. We provide up to a $500 referral bonus for individuals that are referred and we place.
Job Keywords: biotechnology jobs, agriculture careers, biotechnology careers, ag careers, ag jobs, agricultural jobs, ag, agriculture, farm, farming, ag1source, jobs, career, position, recruiting, recruiter, Florida, FL, Territory Sales, Sales Rep, Sales Manager, Business Manager, Agronomy Manager, Agronomy Sales
*Candidates must be eligible to work in the US as well as meet the qualifications listed above in order to be considered for the Agronomy Business Manager job.