Current open executive and professional ag opportunities
Browse or refine your search criteria below to view our current open positions. However, if you wish to streamline your job application process, you can simply create a profile and upload your resume. This step enables our system to recognize you each time you visit our site and will significantly reduce the amount of time it takes for you to apply to future positions. If you’re the right person for the job, we will want to contact you as soon as possible!
Ag Retail Sales
South Central, IN US
Ag Retail Sales
Ag 1 Source is working with a client with deep roots and great stability in adding talent to their team with a focus on Agronomy Sales and Crop Consulting.
If you have a passion for working with farmers, love plant and soil science and have a personality for sales, technical or educative sales, or just love to sell, this could be a great place for you!
We would consider recent grads IF you possess many of the traits we are looking for and have a solid agriculture background.
What’s in it for you:
- Be part of one of the largest and most successful agriculture input and services supplier in the US.
- Career advancement opportunities.
- Work directly with farm operators with the latest in technologies and resources to achieve career success while improving farmer profitability.
- Be home each night. No overnight travel.
- Company vehicle to use to visit customers.
- Strong employee benefits package.
What you will be doing:
- Develop new prospects and interact with existing growers to increase sales of agricultural inputs in order to meet and exceed sales objectives. Manage sales in order to meet profit margin objectives.
- Develop and implement strategies to increase the sales of proprietary products.
- Assure customer satisfaction of products including, but not limited to on time and accurate delivery and quality of product.
- Consult with growers on agricultural issues and prescribe appropriate actions to resolve issues. Resolve issues associated with adverse product results.
- Perform initial credit review of customers to determine credit risk. Provide necessary information to Credit Manager in order to determine credit limits.
- Collect outstanding accounts receivables from customers.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
A successful candidate for this Ag Retail Sales job will possess the following:
- University degree preferred, in lieu of degree, 5+ years agriculture experience and high school diploma or equivalent required.
- Broad agronomic knowledge base.
- Prefer 2+ years’ experience using standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the agriculture industry, as well as the application of agricultural chemicals.
- Proficiency in computer programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.
- Clean driving record.
- Sales experience preferred.
Compensation: Up to $75,000 base plus bonus potential, all will depend on experience.
Benefits: Strong benefits package including health insurance, 401k with employer match.
Desired Location: Candidates could be located just north of Louisville Kentucky (KY) but south of Seymour, IN.
Ag 1 Source has been focused on Executive Level Agriculture recruiting since 2002, our network runs deep. If this role isn't quite the right fit for you, but, are still open in exploring career growth, feel free to do so HERE. Or, if you know someone who may be interested in this role, please reach out HERE. We provide up to a $500 referral bonus for individuals that are referred and we place.
*Candidates must be eligible to work in the US as well as meet the qualifications listed above in order to be considered for the Ag Retail Sales job.