Current open executive and professional ag opportunities
Browse or refine your search criteria below to view our current open positions. However, if you wish to streamline your job application process, you can simply create a profile and upload your resume. This step enables our system to recognize you each time you visit our site and will significantly reduce the amount of time it takes for you to apply to future positions. If you’re the right person for the job, we will want to contact you as soon as possible!
Ag Operations Manager
Finger Lakes Region, NY US
Ag Operations Manager - Finger Lakes Region - NY
Ag 1 Source is looking for an individual who has the desire to not only lead a great location from an operations standpoint, but still be able to get out and work with customers one-on-one to hold some sales responsibility.
This particular role is working with a great team with an established business and needs someone who can come in and continue to steer this ship in the right direction. This is a profitable location and bonuses are based on profitability - so you are in a good spot to join the organization and lead this location as it continues to provide strong customer service and grow their business.
This location has no chemical application - only fertilizer application. Sales of seed, chemistry and fertilizer. Mostly a row crop focus, but some specialty/veg crops as well.
This is a great opportunity for someone who may be ready to spread their management wings and focus on gaining business management experience but still have the opportunity to sell and work with the farmers. We do not have to have someone with a strong agronomy background for this role, more seeking someone who has great leadership skills and has worked in the ag industry, hopefully with growers in some capacity.
What's in it for you:
- A stable organization who continues to grow and has a solid management team at the helm.
- The opportunity to work directly with farmers and help them to improve their operation.
- Very minimal overnight travel.
- Solid benefits and compensation.
- Opportunity to manage the day-to-day operations of a business.
- Great career opportunity for someone looking to grow.
What you will be doing:
- Managing the day to day operations of the business from scheduling, inventory, blending, application, etc.
- Budget responsibility.
- Managing a team of full time and part time/seasonal employees.
- Providing agronomic support to the farmers when needed.
- Being a champion of customer service.
- Building long term relationships.
A successful candidate for the Operations Manager will possess the following:
- Leadership experience in ag and potentially working direct to farmers in some capacity (ag retail, crop insurance, ag equipment, etc. would all be good backgrounds)
- Working in or managing some type of ag business with the desire to do, or experience in, management.
- Basic knowledge of seed, chemicals and fertilizer.
- Understanding of the local crops in the Finger Lakes Region.
- 5+ years of experience.
Compensation: This role will depend upon experience, but an estimated range could be $60k-$80k base plus incentives - which at this location have been good.
Benefits: This position offers a company truck, insurance, phone, computer, etc.
Desired Location: This Operations and Sales position is based in the central Finger Lakes Region of New York. More details on specific location will be given during further conversation.
Ag 1 Source has been focused on Executive Level Agriculture recruiting since 2002, our network runs deep. If this role isn't quite the right fit for you, but, are still open in exploring career growth, feel free to do so HERE. Or, if you know someone who may be interested in this role, please reach out HERE. We provide up to a $500 referral bonus for individuals that are referred and we place.
*Candidates must be eligible to work in the US as well as meet the qualifications listed above in order to be considered for the Ag Operations Manager job.