Current open executive and professional ag opportunities
Browse or refine your search criteria below to view our current open positions. However, if you wish to streamline your job application process, you can simply create a profile and upload your resume. This step enables our system to recognize you each time you visit our site and will significantly reduce the amount of time it takes for you to apply to future positions. If you’re the right person for the job, we will want to contact you as soon as possible!
Ag 1 Source is looking for a Plant Manager. We have an outstanding Plant Manager role available with a premier food manufacturer and distributor with a strong history and reputation. Our client is ready to continue growth with a partnership with a strong Plant Manager with a history of leadership, continuous improvement and P&L Management.
What’s in it for you:
- Work with a 4th generation, family-owned operation that considers its employees as family.
- Be a leader of 25+ people in a strong team environment.
What you will be doing:
- Plan, direct, and oversee all processing operations including egg grading and packing, machine maintenance and repair, sanitation, warehousing, personnel and budget management, cost and operating efficiencies.
- Follow standard operating procedures and good manufacturing practices.
- Report any food safety and quality issues/problems to personnel with authority to initiate action.
- Oversee and conduct daily audits and reviews of processing facilities independently and in conjunction with complex manager to ensure that efficiency, quality, safety, and productivity meet company and customer standards and expectations.
- Manage all inventory processes, including inbound and outbound eggs, packaging, machine parts, ensuring efficiencies, elimination of waste and proper rotation in all areas.
- Manage the daily activities of order processing by working closely with sales and customer service.
- Select and hire all processing employees. Collaborate effectively with human resources to ensure recruiting and staffing practices are consistent with company policy and labor laws. Oversee job changes and promotions for internal candidates.
- Manage the effective schedule and attendance of processing employees, driving toward minimizing costs and maximizing labor efficiencies.
- Ensures the integrity of operational functions of the SQF program.
A successful candidate for this Plant Manager will possess the following:
- 3-5 years of experience in managing egg processing operations and knowledge regarding manufacturing and employment regulations, policies, practices, and procedures
- Experience working with Diamond 8300 egg grader preferred
- Must possess a sense of commitment, leadership and social skills
- Must maintain high level of work ethics and professionalism at all times
- Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Computer literacy
- Strong communication, interpersonal skills, and excellent organizational skills
- Degree or equivalent experience: GED, Bachelor's preferred
Compensation: Compensation for this role is in the 80K-105K range.
Benefits: This position provides a 401K, company health insurance, life insurance, short-term disability.
Desired Location: The Plant Manager position is located in Virginia.
Ag 1 Source has been focused on Executive Level Agriculture recruiting since 2002, our network runs deep. If this role isn't quite the right fit for you, but, are still open in exploring career growth, feel free to do so HERE. Or, if you know someone who may be interested in this role, please reach out HERE. We provide up to a $500 referral bonus for individuals that are referred and we place.
*Candidates must be eligible to work in the US as well as meet the qualifications listed above in order to be considered for the Plant Manager job.