Current open executive and professional ag opportunities
Browse or refine your search criteria below to view our current open positions. However, if you wish to streamline your job application process, you can simply create a profile and upload your resume. This step enables our system to recognize you each time you visit our site and will significantly reduce the amount of time it takes for you to apply to future positions. If you’re the right person for the job, we will want to contact you as soon as possible!
The Manufacturing Engineer’ s primary focus is directed to the manufacturing systems, processes, standards, tooling, and new technology by conducting moderately complex engineering projects which will obtain the most efficient and timely manufacturing process while providing technical support to production operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Supports Manufacturing development and improvement processes.
- Provides support to operational excellence initiatives and best practices while providing support to plant and engineering to standardize and improve processes.
- Develop and implement factory workflow layouts, workspace lean manufacturing processes, and be responsible for accurate facility mapping.
- Develop and implement new processes to improve efficiencies, increase productivity, increase throughput, and improve quality throughout the manufacturing processes.
- Reviews item routing for process costing, capacity planning, cost reduction and/or methods to establish baseline for improvements.
- Works with Quality to analyze, document, and implement recommendations for correction of process failures.
- Supports design concepts for individual parts and develops processes to improve cost or productivity.
- Participates on new product development/launch or early warning teams.
- Provides assistance and technical support to the plant in all areas related to quality.
- Develops and utilizes skills necessary to serve as a leader or participate in a team environment.
- Conducts the investigation, selection, justification and appropriation of capital equipment for operations.
- Assists in development of labor standards for manufacturing processes.
- Proficient in Lean Manufacturing concepts and leading of Lean events.
- Develops and designs work flow using line balancing techniques.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to communicate with and relate to people from all walks of life, both verbally and in writing.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong listening skills.
- Confidence in decision making and problem solving.
- Ability to plan, coordinate, and expedite work projects under tight time-line constraints.
- Knowledge of methods for planning, developing, and administering programs.
- Knowledge of local, state and Federal laws and legislative processes relating to the workplace.
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations and documentation.
Education and/or Experience
- BS Degree in Engineering with emphasis in industrial, mechanical, agricultural, and/or electrical disciplines or equivalent work experience.
- 0-5 years of Manufacturing Engineering experience.
- High proficiency in manufacturing techniques and capabilities, including JIT, SolidWorks, Lean, Kanban, Value Steam Mapping, Process Mapping, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to identify areas of improvement and develop/execute action plan to successful completion.
*Candidates must be eligible to work in the US as well as meet the qualifications listed above in order to be considered for the Manufacturing Engineer job.