Current open executive and professional ag opportunities
Browse or refine your search criteria below to view our current open positions. However, if you wish to streamline your job application process, you can simply create a profile and upload your resume. This step enables our system to recognize you each time you visit our site and will significantly reduce the amount of time it takes for you to apply to future positions. If you’re the right person for the job, we will want to contact you as soon as possible!
Upstate, NY 14589
Our client, an international leader in food and beverage brands, has an opportunity for a knowledgeable, experienced and action-oriented individual as Fruit Buyer. Generous compensation and benefits (including company vehicle) and career path for a top performer who is effective both in the office and visiting growers in the field.
Reporting to the Manager of Field Operations, this role will be responsible for the field purchases, blending, storage and movement of apples for the production of apple related products for client's production plant.
- Procurement of peeler grade and juice apples
- Conduct market and competitive analysis
- Provide input for the development of apple contracts and pricing
- Visit regional growers, conduct crop estimates
- Maintain pesticide and other inputs records for all growers
- Collaborate with receiving and production teams to ensure smooth and efficient operation year round
- Bachelor's degree A MUST; Agronomy or Horticulture degree a PLUS
- Three years' experience procurement/horticulture or grower relations experience
- Well-developed skills in MS Office Excel, PowerPoint, Word
- A desire to spend roughly equal amounts of time in the office and in the field
*Candidates must be eligible to work in the US as well as meet the qualifications listed above in order to be considered for the Fruit Buyer job.