Current open executive and professional ag opportunities
Browse or refine your search criteria below to view our current open positions. However, if you wish to streamline your job application process, you can simply create a profile and upload your resume. This step enables our system to recognize you each time you visit our site and will significantly reduce the amount of time it takes for you to apply to future positions. If you’re the right person for the job, we will want to contact you as soon as possible!
The engineering manager plans, organizes and directs product development teams to meet company objectives for design, new product development and improvement of current product lines by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates.
- Ability to communicate with people at all levels of the organization, as well as external contacts, and with people of different cultures/languages
- Ability to lead teams, provide leadership, and achieve desired success
- Follow guidelines for product development and reporting
- Develop, document, or maintain standards, best practices, or system usage procedures
- Proficiently operate 3D cad system Creo/PDM preferred
- Utilize company MRP system and ECR/ECN software for new products and maintaining old products
- Selects, develops, trains and supervises staff
- Provides direct leadership and support to operational excellence initiatives and best practices
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Offer innovative and/or patentable ideas for new products to meet customer
- Evaluate product concepts based on real and/or perceived benefits to the customer
- Research patents for potential infringements
- Maintain current knowledge on engineering related topics including CAD, FEA, new materials, new methods of construction, new testing procedures, etc.
- Maintain current knowledge on competitive products and trends in the industry
- Promote best practices among teams across all departments without creating silos; drive and develop training for process, tools, automation, and continuous improvement
- Develops and implements methods and procedures for monitoring projects such as records of expenditures and research findings, progress reports, and staff conferences to inform management of current status of each project
- Regular, on-time attendance at work is required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience – Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering with 5 years’ experience as a design or product engineer. Knowledge related specifically to agricultural products is a plus.
Language Skills - Ability to read and comprehend basic instructions, blue prints, engineering documentation, and short correspondence Ability to communicate precisely, clearly, and structured in technical documents.
Mathematical Skills - Strong aptitude and understanding of algebra, geometry, trigonometry and structural stress analysis.
Reasoning Ability -. Ability to visualize 3-d mechanical design and motion. Working knowledge of statics, mechanics of materials, dynamics, and kinematics. Ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations- Professional Engineers License desired but not required.
Skills/Abilities - Strong Technical Knowledge relating to manufacturing of steel components. (Fabrication, Welding, Painting, Assembly) Ability to work independently and to organize and prioritize tasks to meet required deadlines. Ability to accept constructive criticism and work well under pressure. The ability to pay attention to details is crucial to success.
Job Keywords: biotechnology jobs, agriculture careers, biotechnology careers, ag careers, ag jobs, agricultural jobs, ag, agriculture, farm, farming, ag1source, jobs, career, position, recruiting, recruiter
*Candidates must be eligible to work in the US as well as meet the qualifications listed above in order to be considered for the Engineering Manager job.