Current open executive and professional ag opportunities
Browse or refine your search criteria below to view our current open positions. However, if you wish to streamline your job application process, you can simply create a profile and upload your resume. This step enables our system to recognize you each time you visit our site and will significantly reduce the amount of time it takes for you to apply to future positions. If you’re the right person for the job, we will want to contact you as soon as possible!
Director of Operations
Director of Operations
Are you interested in joining one of the best farm equipment manufacturers in the world? If so, we have an outstanding opportunity available in Wisconsin for a Director of Operations. The company has a long history of providing exceptional equipment solutions to producers that lead to improved productivity and efficiency for their operations. They pride themselves on providing the best customer service and support in the industry.
The Director of Operations leads, directs and manages overall manufacturing and support activities for the manufacturing facility, including production, purchasing, quality, lean/continuous improvement, manufacturing engineering, and facilities/maintenance on a strategic level to achieve the most efficient production of the highest quality products at the lowest possible cost while meeting customer requirements
Do you have what it takes?
- Do you come from long term progressive operations management with a strong engineering and manufacturing background?
- Do you have an Engineering degree but spent most of your career in Operations?
- Are you a leader that is creative, big picture thinker, and able to work independently?
- Can you make decisions quickly and keep things moving forward?
- Are you a strong leader with the ability to mentor and coach team members and solidify the operations team?
- Do you enjoy being out on the floor to work with the managers and utilize all resources and implement ideas?
- Do you have an interest in Continuous improvement and quality and able to hold those accountable?
- Can you inspire people so they want to come to work and stay here?
- Participate in planning corporate strategy and setting corporate objectives.
- Define goals and objectives for manufacturing operations consistent with corporate objectives. Develop and implement operating policies and budgets and measures to achieve objectives.
- Provide strong leadership by taking responsibility for the performance of the manufacturing plant, including timely completion of projects and involvement in manufacturing decisions made for staff. Monitor the performance of manufacturing activities through reports, team meetings, and observation to assure timely throughput, efficient production, and maximum utilization of personnel, equipment, and facilities.
- Maintain a high level of knowledge about our products by talking to customers and dealers, attending trade shows, working with field experts, and educating yourself about key competitors. Assist engineering in the development of innovative products, and set efficient manufacturing processes meeting demand based on direction from marketing, sales, and customers.
- Develop programs, production methods, and department/plant measurements to improve productivity and quality and reduce costs.
- Develop a mid-term manufacturing and expansion strategy in line with mid-term growth goals. Develop a mid-term capital investment plan, monitor its implementation according to the set timeline and measure the return on investment of all key projects.
- Initiate action to correct schedule deviations, excessive cost, and material levels.
- Oversee the preparation of specifications for quality, quantity, service, and delivery for the purchase of equipment, supplies, and material to meet production schedules and quality standards.
- Direct, coordinate, and supervise all manufacturing and operations management & personnel.
- Carry out managerial responsibilities in accordance with the Company’ s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; performance management; addressing complaints; and resolving problems.
- Communicate and lead significant change efforts by delegating tasks, setting expectations and holding employees accountable for results.
- Communicate effectively with employees at all levels of the organization.
A Bachelor’ s degree in mechanical engineering or operations management.
Minimum of 8 years related manufacturing management experience with responsibility for manufacturing engineering, manufacturing, purchasing, and inventory is preferred.
Knowledge of metal machining, fabricating, welding, and painting processes is required.
Experience working with lean manufacturing concepts and techniques, working in teams, and functioning in a metal working industrial environment is preferred.
Ag 1 Source offers an industry leading Referral Bonus Program that provides our networking partners with a financial reward of up to $500. If you find positions that aren’ t a fit for you, but you know of someone who might be, you can earn a referral bonus for referring those contacts! See our website for further details. Job Keywords: director of operations, plant manager, engineering, manufacturing, purchasing, quality, machine shop, lean manufacturing, farming, operations management, farbricating, welding, design engineering, manufacturing engineering
*Candidates must be eligible to work in the US as well as meet the qualifications listed above in order to be considered for the Director of Operations job.