Current open executive and professional ag opportunities
Browse or refine your search criteria below to view our current open positions. However, if you wish to streamline your job application process, you can simply create a profile and upload your resume. This step enables our system to recognize you each time you visit our site and will significantly reduce the amount of time it takes for you to apply to future positions. If you’re the right person for the job, we will want to contact you as soon as possible!
Director of Dairy Operations - NY
Director of Dairy Operations – New York
A family-owned dairy that is focused on operational excellence is looking for a Dairy Operations Manager to join their top-notch team. We are looking for a strong leader to oversee dairy operations and train-up middle management.
At present, this dairy is milking 5,000+ cows and 4,500+ head developer. The owners and team members value simplicity, effective technology and infrastructure, sound processes, and great people. Preventative maintenance and cross-training are important elements of the culture, but most importantly, this company values team - there are no lone rangers.
The Operations Manager is expected to be the integral part of the overall management team and to contribute to the daily success and continuous improvement of the business.
This is a 60 hour per week type position to be successful.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Person will lead and manage employees with a high degree of independence and professionalism within the framework of company regulations, policies and protocols, while maximizing production of high-quality product, promoting animal health and well-being, and achieving cost efficiency
- Assist in development of budget plans and maintaining the plans
- Oversee all dairy operations
- Initiate change as needed to ensure good animal care and proper animal treatment, while working with on-site supervisors
- Supervise employees in all phases of the dairy operation to include feed preparation, feeding, milking, upkeep of facility, herd management, herd health, hospital and maternity cows
- Responsible for hiring, coaching and developing employees
- Analyze production problems and initiate solutions
Required qualifications to be considered for this role:
- B.S. in Dairy/Animal Science or related field and 10+ years practical experience with large commercial dairy
- Direct Supervising Management experience 5+ years
- Direct knowledge of herd health, parlor operations, farm equipment and farming practices
- Demonstrated ability to follow-up on mission-critical issues and act independently within the scope of your responsibilities
- Demonstrated ability to lead, communicate openly, motivate, evaluate, and be balanced and equitable when dealing with employees
- Demonstrated ability to make good decisions during stressful situations and be able to manage time for maximum efficiency
- Must have ability to acquire knowledge and understanding of company training procedures and participate directly in employee training and development
- The ability to work in a team environment is essential for the successful candidate
- Ability to speak Spanish a plus!
We are looking for the RIGHT person that FITS with the team and the needs of the company.
Base compensation is competitive and will match with the qualifications and experience that you bring to the table. In addition to a competitive base salary, health insurance for the employee is provided. Bonuses, possible housing, and possibly a vehicle will be considered for the well-qualified candidate. The operations manager is expected to eat, sleep, live, breathe, cows and will need to be on-call at nights.
If you have what it takes to be successful in this role, then apply today! Your opportunity is only limited by you!
*Candidates must be eligible to work in the US as well as meet the qualifications listed above in order to be considered for the Director of Dairy Operations job.